M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if there was a good place to find either one of these. Would like to see the "guts" of the beast.

Thanks.
Chris

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Whats amazing is there is so much head above those pistons. You sorta envision the pistons coming up further.
nope not much stroke, that's for sure. just huge diameter LOL

Bore x stroke:112.0 x 90.5 mm (4.4 x 3.6 inches)

Almost 4 1/2" piston damn,,,,,,

We are bigger then a 454 chevy, Can you imagine the horsepower of a 454 if it had the power , per 2 cylinders as we do??

What is bore and stroke of Chevy 454?

Bore 4.250"
Stroke 4.00"

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Some more, probably of the same engine, but a couple are a little closer.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
These are some very nice pictures! You know, it kind of ticks me off that when Honda first came out with the 1800 VTX, Cycle World considered it to be so revolutionary that they did a full blown test on the bike, to include cutaway pictures of the engine, hard performance numbers, the whole nine yards. Yet when Suzuki first came out with the 109 all I could ever find was these short little one page articles on the bike. No engine cutaway pics, no hard performance numbers, no nothin'! ??? I always thought, what the hell? To this day, I've never seen a full-blown road test on the 109 like the one done on the VTX by Cycle World. As nice of a bike as the VTX was and still is, the 109 is way more revolutionary in that it's the ONLY big cubic inch v-twin that revs. The VTX may have been revolutionary at the time because it offered performance never seen before in a v-twin cruiser, but it did so mainly because of it's large displacement. The 109 trumps the VTX in every performance catagory, and yet the VTX got all the hoopla. I'm wondering if Honda threw more advertising dollars in the magazine's direction and that's why the VTX was so heralded?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Whining?

That would explain the whining noise. Chain riding on the rail.

I too would have thought the piston was higher in the head.

Sweet pics. I like all that mechanical shtuff.

It has to be hard not getting oil on you when you ride with that motor. :joke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts