M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some f#%kin idiot pulled out in front of me tonight and I hit the trailer he was pulling. He was in the turning lane and there was a semi in the other blocking his view of me coming towards him. I guess if you can't see on coming traffic you just pull out and hope no ones coming. I was going around 35 and had I had another 15 feet, I could have stopped it. I hit the trailer in front of the wheel and basically jumped off when I hit. That man got an a$$ chewing, let me tell ya.
I thought I was ok standing there with the cop but when I rode the bike home, every little tar strip across the road really hurt my lower back. Must have pulled a muscle when I dove off.
I was really surprised how the 109 held up. Alot less damage than I expected. Mostly scrapes. The foot brake lever bent, broke the front left turn signal, scratched the light cowl, broke the front fender, exhausts are both scratched up, mirror scratched and the front brakes looses its prime when the engine runs. Funny thing, when its not running it works. How does that work? Anyway, the handle bars turned so far to the right that it broke the stop and now the bars hit the tank. I noticed that they are not perfectly true either.
Christ, how the hell am I going to get parts now? The bike is driveable and only looks bad when you get up close but I hate flawed vehicles. Its such a sweet bike and any minute I can't ride it sucks.
Does any one have an idea if a guy can get replacement parts? I would say not. Guess I'll have to run it to the shop tomorrow and try to get an estimate.
What really surprised me was how slow the accident happened. I saw him pulling out and I couldn't believe what was happening. If I realized it sooner I think I could've stopped but your mind is in disbelief at the time. Hit the brakes and it just seemed like it didn't want to stop. Actually had the rear dragging for the last 15 feet. Slooooooow motion!!!!!!!!
Had a really cool cop who rides a harley. The very first thing he asked was what size it was. Even wrecked, the 109 gets peoples attention. HA

·
Registered
209 Posts
They need to make the laws tougher for people woh pull out in front of motorcyclist or are at fault involving a motorcycle. Maybe if a few people had huge fines or did some hard time they would pay more attention.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The worst part is, its our city policy that no tickets are issued at accidents. They say its a civil issue and not a criminal.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Sorry to hear it man...hope you did'nt hurt yourself bad....I know what you mean about people.. I am an eng inspector so i drive from job to job through traffic every day.... I was in the go straight lane today on the way home pulling through an intersection when the idiot b*&%$ in the van in the turn lane facing me decides she might can turn in front of me and make it....at the last second she realizes it aint happening...she slams on the brakes and slides to a stop and i go around her....but as i go by she looks me right in the eyes and smiles like its a f*&^%ing joke....wtf is funny about almost getting run over and possibly paralized or killed....i think we need to go back to the days of the wild west and bring out some instantaneous judgements on these idiots...

khrome

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad you are ok. It took only 10days for parts out of Japan into NZ So if not in stock locally you should be ok in a couple of weeks. My parts were the bottom frame fairing and a sum plate. Stay cool
Cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coriman said:
Glad you are ok. It took only 10days for parts out of Japan into NZ So if not in stock locally you should be ok in a couple of weeks. My parts were the bottom frame fairing and a sum plate. Stay cool
Cheers
Thanks for the info. That's not to bad a time frame for waiting for parts. I can still ride it but I definately have to get the front braked fixed tomorrow.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Eight month's ago same thing,I got it werse than you.You are luck man.First I would let a shop tell if the frame is bent,you are waisting your time fixing it,if it is.Make damn sure you are not injured anyway you can't tell at first with some things.You said your back,make sure it's just sore muscles,you could have some real damage. See what you are up against,before a lawyer gets involved.You may get more with out one.That was my case.My damage was over 100k,so they had to tell me what she was worth. You got time to get a lawyer involved,so try to be your own at first..good luck man

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
So sorry to hear that this happened to you. I hope your back is doing better. I would have it checked out by a doctor. I would also get the frame checked out and the alignment of the front end. Good luck man. :doorag: :cus: :edit: :swear: :realmad:

·
Registered
572 Posts
WOW, I can totally relate to this, as I almost got creamed myself today... am so thankful that I had learned all that I had in my MSF course, and swerved into the grass just in time.

I really think we should all get a petition going, that we could all sign and actually present to someone of importance, to get something changed out there...

As it is right now, they waste so much time on writing tickets for stupid things like SPEEDING (Who here has not SAFELY gone over the speed limit many times) and not enough for REAL problems, such as BAD DRIVING, or NOT PAYING ATTENTION while driving. I see so many people driving along, putting on their makeup, fiddling with their car radios, talking on their cell phone and NOT watching the road in front of them, and I could go on and on and on about this...

This doesn't just apply to motorcyclists either... even people in regular cars get hurt every day, from IDIOT DRIVING out there... something has got to be done about this...

I wish this was the Wild West still... as I would be an expert marksman by now, having shot out all the tires of the cars who drove bad, not to mention placing a nice round in the radiator of cars who should be off the road as well...

Glad to hear you are okay man... and hope this can all be behind you as soon as possible...

Anyone up for a rally in this guy's town? We might pay a little visit to this truck driver pulling a trailer... make sure he never again causes a brother pain...

Oh well, we can only dream...

:)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Glad you are some what ok sound like it could have been alot worse for you good thinking hope your back gets better..........

G

·
ditch said:
The worst part is, its our city policy that no tickets are issued at accidents. They say its a civil issue and not a criminal.
Most traffic violations are civil. At a traffic crash, someone violated a statute, that's what caused the crash. Your city policy will change when someone higher in the Chain of Command gets in a crash, the violator does not get issued a citation and they have to go through all the BS with the insurance company. We issue citations at all crashes where fault can be established. In a issue where its he said, she said, and there is no physical evidence to support or independent witnesses to support either side, we don't issue citations. Since we did not witness the infraction, we have to subpoena all the parties involved to tell the judge what happened, if and only if the violator takes the citation to court. Write those people citations. It's the least they deserve for DWHUA! The innocents will thank you for it! :cop:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey glad you're okay.  Happen to be LE, should have gotten issued for fail to yield right of way, don't help you but insurance makes big difference. :cop: :cus: :cop:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm glad you are OK, Bro. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Glad your o.k. see if you can get your service shop to write all the mods you wanted into the estimate, you mentioned scraped up exhaust
you might want to replace them with after market and let Allstate pay for them. :evil:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
ditch said:
The worst part is, its our city policy that no tickets are issued at accidents. They say its a civil issue and not a criminal.
This is totally insane and crazy. Isn't it the job of law enforcement to issue tickets to those that break the law. Usually in an accident, some law is broken, So get off your lazy @#$ and do your job!! Sorry to hear about the bike but glad you are ok!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts