M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my M109R two weeks ago, I rode it from the dealer to my house which was about 15 miles...Man what a ride! I parked it in the garage and left for a Dr. appointment I had an epadural in my neck. No big deal..or so I thought. The Dr. started to give me a list of things I could'nt do things that would irritate my neck. I asked him if wearing a motorcycle helmet fit on that list, he said riding a motorcycle period was not acceptable. It's been a rough two weeks, and I have four to go. I dont think I will make it, as soon as it quits raining I am going for a ride, dont think a short one will kill me. Ain't life a Bitch... :(

Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm assuming (dangerously) that if you had an epidural in your c spine that you have a protruding or bulging disc(s). The epidural is to help reduce inflammation and get you past the acute phase. Wearing a helmet and turning your head with the additional weight, or holding your arms in a stationary position (as in motorcycle riding) may, in fact, exacerbate your condition. As tough as it may be, I'd follow your doctor's advice. Help him help you! After the 6 weeks is up, ride the hell out of the M109!! That's my unsolicited advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts