M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the VA. All the guys rode in and we all park in a spot marked Harley Parking only. I bought the sign for them since they forget a lot. Any way there we are and it's 4 pm and all the nurses and orderlys are leaving. My bike is parked in with the Boys right next to my Friends 40 grand CVO 110 Special. The people coming out are all saying how pretty the Yellow bike is and how beautiful it is. Larry goes over and starts wiping down his bike and a nice young blond nurse comes out and stands next to him and says. Who own's the Yellow one. Is just beautiful. He says to her 'Yeah they all are" She says Yes but the yellow one is like a piece of Sculpture. He just stopped wiping and looked at us and sat down. It was sooo quiet. Then everyone had a good laugh. How fun it is to be different and have the girls tell your buddies your's is better. Dang I love this bike.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
that s funny no matter! we had some HD guys walk by the pre-meet today asking the question. "Are those all suzuki s?" i said yes and they just kept walking. oh well! its sucks to spend 3 times the money for half the bike. I wouldnt know:dontknow:.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You gotta love it. I had a similar situation at Pep Boys a few days ago. The guy on the Harley asked me if my bike was a show bike or an everyday rider. I saw the look of surprise and doubt when I told him that I ride it everyday. I LOVE MY 9! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had to leave my bike at work over nite. I parked it inside the garage and I got gang rushed by all the old timers bout how they hate jap crap. So I tell them I paid 5k less then the Vrod, have 650 more ccs, a whole lot faster and more reliability. They just looked at and said "well.........that tire is huge!"

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just got back from the VA. All the guys rode in and we all park in a spot marked Harley Parking only. I bought the sign for them since they forget a lot. Any way there we are and it's 4 pm and all the nurses and orderlys are leaving. My bike is parked in with the Boys right next to my Friends 40 grand CVO 110 Special. The people coming out are all saying how pretty the Yellow bike is and how beautiful it is. Larry goes over and starts wiping down his bike and a nice young blond nurse comes out and stands next to him and says. Who own's the Yellow one. Is just beautiful. He says to her 'Yeah they all are" She says Yes but the yellow one is like a piece of Sculpture. He just stopped wiping and looked at us and sat down. It was sooo quiet. Then everyone had a good laugh. How fun it is to be different and have the girls tell your buddies your's is better. Dang I love this bike.
Great one man....The reality of it all is just hilarious especially when I hear stories like this. :bigthumbsup: I would love to have a like a water testing deal with random folks that arent blinded by the harley marketing machine and letting them choose which bike that would rather have...then showing them the difference in price.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it was just too funny, but all those guys I ride with have a good sense of humpr and really like my bike. None of them want to ride it though. they say it is just to much power for their kind of riding. I have some fun when I leave and just do little chirpies with the throttle. Keeps them properly in awe.
Bob

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Yeah it was just too funny, but all those guys I ride with have a good sense of humpr and really like my bike. None of them want to ride it though. they say it is just to much power for their kind of riding.
That's why the right hand grip is adjustable. If you don't wanna go fast, don't twist the grip as far. It's just another excuse from tha HD crowd....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Naw they just like to ride slow. My bud with the CVO was smokin a stogie when he rode up. Lit it from his built in lighter while wearing his beanie helmet. He loves his I love mine. Its all cool. We have fun riding. Its just like when we were in school and the "your Momma" jokes were going around. If you don't joke with/at someone you must not like them. So telling them they are slow and old and them telling me i drive fast and am to flashy is just good fun.
Bob

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Naw they just like to ride slow. My bud with the CVO was smokin a stogie when he rode up. Lit it from his built in lighter while wearing his beanie helmet. He loves his I love mine. Its all cool. We have fun riding. Its just like when we were in school and the "your Momma" jokes were going around. If you don't joke with/at someone you must not like them. So telling them they are slow and old and them telling me i drive fast and am to flashy is just good fun.
Bob
I'm saying you don't need a slow bike to ride slow. The amount of throttle you use is selective. The 9 rides just as well slow as it does fast, and there are actually HD guys out there that I've heard using the excuse they bought a Harley because they don't care about going fast. I'm just saying that's not an excuse. That's like me saying I prefer tomato soup over lobster because lobster tastes too good....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just ask Sandman here on the forum. He entered his bike into a show last weekend. I went too. Most of the peeps there were HD riders, it seemed. His bike won best in class AND best in show!:edit::D LMAO! Nice one Sandman!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grampi
Some people are just intimidated by the power. Your not, I would bet there a quite a few on this board who have never had the front hoop hanging or scraped a peg, let alone wind it out to the top. I no longer want to ride a Ninja or a busa. Stuff just happens to fast for me. But to those who do more power to them. Yes the wrist controls the speed but it does not take much for the nine to get going pretty fast. I can power away from them in a flash, do smokey burnouts and wheelies. They don't even want to ride it. I am only a friendly Harley basher. :bigthumbsup: As long as it is on two wheels with a motor they are riding as far as I can tell. That makes them Brothers in the wind.
Harleys just pass wind slower.
Bob

G

·
I've had the same thing happen to me and i think it's the funnyest thing besides watching someone fall down the stairs:):agree:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
HD funnies

An old friend stopped by a few days ago on his HD, and commented again on how wide my 250 rear tire was in amazement. He hadn't seen my bike since I put a 160 on the front. That really blew him away when he saw it and realized it was 20 mm wider than his REAR tire.:D I love my bike!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Grampi
Some people are just intimidated by the power. Your not, I would bet there a quite a few on this board who have never had the front hoop hanging or scraped a peg, let alone wind it out to the top. I no longer want to ride a Ninja or a busa. Stuff just happens to fast for me. But to those who do more power to them. Yes the wrist controls the speed but it does not take much for the nine to get going pretty fast. I can power away from them in a flash, do smokey burnouts and wheelies. They don't even want to ride it. I am only a friendly Harley basher. :bigthumbsup: As long as it is on two wheels with a motor they are riding as far as I can tell. That makes them Brothers in the wind.
Harleys just pass wind slower.
Bob
I don't disagree with any of that. I'm also a friendly HD basher unless I get "the attitude", then all bets are off. Most HD guys are cool, but every now and then.....

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
at saying 40K your pricing his CVO around 8K more than retail.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts