Registered
245 Posts
I thought they were 230:-\

I'm probably wrong though. haha

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
CCA

CCAs stated on a battery are only part of the story. Check out this Odyssey write up.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/odyssey101.htm#cca
I can tell you that the speed that my 109 turns over is much faster, especially when hot with the Gman Odyssey. The stock battery feels weak in comparison even when new.
http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=618&idcategory=38#details
No, I don't work for them, just a happy customer passing along what I consider a great find for our bikes.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
CCAs stated on a battery are only part of the story. Check out this Odyssey write up.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/odyssey101.htm#cca
I can tell you that the speed that my 109 turns over is much faster, especially when hot with the Gman Odyssey. The stock battery feels weak in comparison even when new.
Absolutely. Even sitting for the last 2-3 weeks in sub freezing temps, no tender on, ours start like they are on steroids with the odyssey's in them. Absolutely love them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Absolutely. Even sitting for the last 2-3 weeks in sub freezing temps, no tender on, ours start like they are on steroids with the odyssey's in them. Absolutely love them.
I too have the GMan Odyssey. Can't speak on it though, ordered it since I've been out of the US.

Heard good things though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just looked at ebatteriestogo.com and they list 2 batteries for the M109; a 14 AH rated at 230 CCAs and and an 18 AH rated at 270 CCAs. I will tell you from experience that the 14 AH is not up to the job (the 9 I bought had one and only lasted a year, and that's in the warm south). I went with the GMan battery and all is good now; starts like a new battery, cold or hot. I believe the GBat is rated at 260 CCAs; I could not find the AH rating.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Thanks for your input, I just ordered the Odyssey and charger.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks BiggPappa and to everyone for the great informantion exchange. This site is off the chain !!!!!!!!!!!!:agree:
Has anyone check out these guys http://www.impactbattery.com/brands/motobatt/yuasa-ytx16-bs-ytx16-bs-1-motobatt-replacement-battery.html

crossq
I have the GBat in my Intruder 1400, it's the same size as the battery in the 109. It is an awesome battery. :bigthumbsup:

There was a member on the Intruder Forum that tested a few batterys. The Motobatt seemed to be the best, followed closely by the GBat.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I too have the GMan Odyssey. Can't speak on it though, ordered it since I've been out of the US.

Heard good things though.
Me as well! Got mine around Christmas but was so cold and 4' of snow, figured why put it in ain't going no where!
So it's been setting on my Bedroom rug, nice and toasty warm. But it will be going is SOON!!!!! Heard nothing but good things about this battery. But can't bitch about my stocker, it lasted nearly a full 5 years:bigthumbsup: And I never took it out of my bike in the winter or ever had to charge it, till the end of it's 5th. year.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Bought the Odessey battery as well... Just saved down the fins and shoved it in there... Works 100% better than the stocker. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
My battery took a crap yesterday but I couldn't wait a week for a Gman so I bought another oem.:'(

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
My battery took a crap yesterday but I couldn't wait a week for a Gman so I bought another oem.:'(
Thats the same thing that happened with me and I couldn't wait either so I found a local guy who had the Odessey PC535 in stock and just modded it to fit.. Took 2 minutes on a belt sander to shave the fins :bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts