M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heynow... Did the March of Dimes ride today at Martin, Mi.. when we where done with the eats and prizes we could run our bikes on the 1/4 mile drag track.. 8) So after i ate a few hotdogs(4) and a few hamburgs(3) off to the track. I never run a bike down a track before. All i can say is if you get a chance to try it. :doorag: Now these #'s are with a full tank of gas and a 380lb rider on a 109. all that is done with it is 2 in 1 with s.e.t, JSD 3M, FI2000r set at Jr settings 2,4,2.

Air temp 81
Humidity 64%
pressure 29.65 in

This was the best run i had.

BIG396
.7208 reaction
1.8634 60ft
5.1913 330
7.4833 ET @ 594 ft
7.9990 1/8th mile
10.4473 1000'
99.07 1000' MPH
12.5613 1/4 ET
105.79 1/4 MPH

Then my buddy who is about 180lb took the bike down the track 2 times. This is his best time

brad
.8132 reaction
1.8297 60ft
4.9777 330 ft
7.1429 594ft
7.6297 1/8 ET
92.43 MPH 1/8
9.9557 ET 1000'
104.20 1000' MPH
11.9449 1/4 ET
113.01 MPH 1/4

I just thought i would show how much weight makes a difference!
ok im starting a diet.. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
I'm in the same boat or should I say on the same bike (270lbs)... ::) guess I am hitting the diet too. ;)
 
G

·
:eek: So after i ate a few hotdogs(4) and a few hamburgs(3) off to the track :eek:

Now that is talent, forget the drag numbers
 
G

·
You will do yourself a huge favor bro if you knock some of that weight off. I am no little guy. I was 317 18 months ago and lost 60 lbs. What a difference it has made. I am still trying to lose more, but I feel better and can do more things now. I found the real trick to it is to do it slowly, not these fad diets or quick weight loss fads. It took a while for me to put it on and it will take a while to take it off. Not trying to slam you bro, just some friendly advise from one 109er to another. Want to see you around for many, many posts to come.

I would love to be able to take my 109 on a track sometime and really open her up and be able to do what you did today. Thanks for sharing those numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruno said:
You will do yourself a huge favor bro if you knock some of that weight off. I am no little guy. I was 317 18 months ago and lost 60 lbs. What a difference it has made. I am still trying to lose more, but I feel better and can do more things now. I found the real trick to it is to do it slowly, not these fad diets or quick weight loss fads. It took a while for me to put it on and it will take a while to take it off. Not trying to slam you bro, just some friendly advise from one 109er to another. Want to see you around for many, many posts to come.

I would love to be able to take my 109 on a track sometime and really open her up and be able to do what you did today. Thanks for sharing those numbers.
yep i was 435lb 1 year ago and now I'm down to 378. I stay away from the sugars and pop. I was joking about how many dogs and burgs i ate..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J R said:
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Cool man, good run :bigthumbsup:
Thanks. I just changed the settings on the fi2000r on Friday to your setup. 2,4,2 and the butt dyno liked it :bigthumbsup:

No prob Bruno. I would like to ride my bike a few more years ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
walker_mufc said:
screw the times. you really ate that much and ran a 1/4 track? dude; I'm not worthy
When i was done i drove to Wendy's for a # 3 biggie sized :joke: :a20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
What I figured from those numbers, assuming you both have similar skill, (looking at the short times, you do!) is that you lose approx. 1 mph in trap speed for every 28lbs added to your bike/rider weight.

I also calculated net h.p. from trap speed and total weight and came up with 104hp both times.

GREAT THREAD!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
WTG on those numbers :bigthumbsup: .................... I need to get mine to the track myself :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
I always said if you want to dance you got to pay the juke box. If you don't eat you could pass out in this heat ::) Good run thou. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Those are actually pretty decent times.....when the weather is even better you will see even more improvement . Those hp calculations are almost always a bit low because they assume the BEST time with the calculated hp possible.....none of us are typically able to produce the best possible et and trap possible.

You and I gotta go chow some time.....you have me by over a buck though (100 lbs). Great post.....
 
G

·
i will have to send you a "Fat Guy Racing" sticker nice runs here is mine i weigh 265 if on sunday went down to 1.77 & the bike went a 12.031 @ 108.97

34psi rear/right lane
r/t 545
60'-1.791
330'-4.949
1/8-7.640
mph-90.97
1000'-10.005
1/4-12.046
mph-109.79
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
joet said:
i will have to send you a "Fat Guy Racing" sticker nice runs here is mine i weigh 265 if on sunday went down to 1.77 & the bike went a 12.031 @ 108.97

34psi rear/right laneÂ
r/t 545
60'-1.791
330'-4.949
1/8-7.640
mph-90.97
1000'-10.005
1/4-12.046
mph-109.79
In this run, with a 265lb rider I again got 104 horsepower. 104.8 to be exact. I'm not using an online calculator though since they vary alot from one to the next.

I've been using a wet weight figure of 750lbs for the M109. If this is wrong, let me know.
 
G

·
i really do not know weight of bike i thought it was around 693-696?? you could be right i only run 1 gal of fuel in my bike maybe 1 & 1/2 i think you might be little high
on thundermfg.com weight (bike & rider @978) to speed gets you 101 hp & weight to et gets you 111hp

Specifications
2006 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Suggested base price: $12,399
Standard colors: Black, silver, or blue
Optional colors: None
Engine type: Liquid-cooled 45-degree tandem V-twin
Valve arrangement: DOHC, 2 intake, 2 exhaust valves
Displacement, bore x stroke: 1783cc, 112 x 90.5mm
Compression ratio: 10.5:1
Carburetion: EFI, 58mm throttle bodies
Transmission: 5 speeds
Final drive: Shaft
Seat height: 27.6 in.
Claimed dry weight: 695 lb.Fuel capacity: 4.9 gal.
Wheelbase: 67.5 in.
Overall length: 96.9 in.
Rake/trail: 31.25o/ 4.4 in.
Wheels: Cast alloy, 18 x 3.5 front, 18 x 8.5 rear
Front tire: 130/70R18 Dunlop D221 tubeless radial
Rear tire: 240/40R18 Dunlop D221 tubeless radial
Front brake: Two, 4-piston calipers, 12.2-in. discs
Rear brake: 2-piston caliper, 10.8-in. disc
Front suspension: Inverted 46mm stanchions, 5.1 in. travel
Rear suspension: One damper, 4.7 in. travel, adjustable for preload
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
just joined the site. love all the great info. I weighed my 109 at work on a industrial scale ( 730lbs, 960 w/me on) had my 109 since march and have 8400 miles on and it still is as strong as ever. Love beating those v-rods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Techmaven said:
What I figured from those numbers, assuming you both have similar skill, (looking at the short times, you do!) is that you lose approx. 1 mph in trap speed for every 28lbs added to your bike/rider weight.

I also calculated net h.p. from trap speed and total weight and came up with 104hp both times.
Thanks for the info. We plan on making a few more trips to the track before the snow fly's around here. I need to practice light timing, They use LED's now and before with the old lights you could always go when the last yellow lit. I only dragged a few times in my life. Once with a 1985 subburban with a 516 BB with air ride and tubbed. myself and the guy's at work put this thing together. it ran a 12.11 1/4 with out NOS and a 11.75 with.. I was racing vets that night and beating them :D I only lost one race and that was that van in the pic :joke:

 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top