M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki M109R Boulevard B.O.S.S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the m-Blaze Pin LED Turn Signal (Finish: Black) Sku: MT160001 on the rear and front of my M109r and they look AWESOME (see attached Picture for installed LEDs. I followed the color sequence of the LED turn signal (Neg: Black, Pos: Red). I determined which was the same for the connectors on the M109r (Neg: Black, Pos: Green). I started the install on the rear turn signals (Plug and Play) worked fine. Did the same with the front turn signals however there was and additional attached wire to the bulb housing of the OEM turn signal that was also connected to the female side of the connector (see picture attached). I made the connections and they worked fine but the rear turn signals were on but not flashing. Please post any help or you can also reach me via email [email protected]. Any Help will be greatly apricated.
Thank you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup, the original front turn signals have running lights. If your new lights only have 2 wires you'll no longer have the running lights on the front. Not a problem as far as I know, unless some states have rules about it. Just make sure you tape/seal the end of the running light wire to prevent shorts.
BTW, I really like those.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, the original front turn signals have running lights. If your new lights only have 2 wires you'll no longer have the running lights on the front. Not a problem as far as I know, unless some states have rules about it. Just make sure you tape/seal the end of the running light wire to prevent shorts.
BTW, I really like those.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the front signals B/W (Black with White tracer) is your ground.
GR (Green) is your running lights.
B (Black) is your turn signal.
Thank you so much for your time. I have to question. I did connect the green and black terminals, which caused the light to flash on the front turn indicators and have use for the running lights. However I did not use the Black w/white trace wire (ground) which was connect to the same connector. I used shrink wrap to prevent any shorts. By not using the ground wire, will it prevent the rear indicators from flashing, or will I need to change the Flash relay for an LED relay?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Thank you so much for your time. I have to question. I did connect the green and black terminals, which caused the light to flash on the front turn indicators and have use for the running lights. However I did not use the Black w/white trace wire (ground) which was connect to the same connector. I used shrink wrap to prevent any shorts. By not using the ground wire, will it prevent the rear indicators from flashing, or will I need to change the Flash relay for an LED relay?
Without seeing a wiring diagram for the M-Blaze its hard to say how they should be wired by the information you have supplied.
If I am reading and understanding what you are saying correctly.....you have the fronts working correctly as both running lights and turn signals and you did not use the B/W conductor at all?

If that is the case then your 2 wires from the M-Blaze would have to be Running Light/Turn Signal and the enclosure and threaded post of the M-Blaze would have to be metal, the metal case and threaded post would then be acting as the ground conductor and you would have had to secure the metal post to a metalic part of the bike in order to make a ground connection.
However this would be a very unorthodox method and I doubt that is the case.
In your first post you even say that the black conductor is Neg and the Red is positive on the M-Blaze. If this is correct I have no idea how your fronts are even working if you connected them to the black and green conductors because both of those conductors supply 12vdc+ voltage and you would have no ground (12vdc-) at all.

I looked these up on the internet and could not find a wiring diagram but all the photos I saw they were only being used as turn signals and not running light/turn signal combination.
So if they are truly just 2 wire turn signals then you should have the fronts connected as Black from M-Blaze to B/W on the bike and Red from the M-Blaze to Black on the bike. (If you are using the wiring from the old turn signals on the load side of the electrical connectors)

The rear would be connected Black from the M-Blaze to B/W on the bike for both rear and Red from the M-Blaze to Lg (light green) on the bike for the right turn signal and B (Black) for the rear left turn signal.

You will also likely need to replace the OEM flasher relay with a LED rated flasher relay to get them to work once you have them wired up correctly. (See link below)

I also included the rear lighting wiring diagram for the bike below.

BCS

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for your time and help.
One more thing. If this is the case, should I connect the:
Red wire from the LED light to the Black, turn signal wire of the connector.
Black wire from the LED light to the B/White trace, ground wire of the connector.
(They are both on the same connector, see photo)
Tape up the Green. (No longer have running lights).
Is this correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
One more thing. If this is the case, should I connect the:
Black wire from the LED light to the B/White trace, ground wire of the connector.
(They are both on the same connector, see photo)
Tape up the Green. (No longer have running lights).
Is this correct?
That would be correct if indeed the black wire from the M-Blaze light is a ground wire for the fixture.

But the fact that you say you are getting both running light and turn signal at this moment on the front with the way you have it wired now cast some real doubt on that.
If you have both running and turn signal functioning right now the way you have it wired that would lead me to believe that the black wire coming from the M-Blaze fixtures is not a ground wire at all.

Try to connect both the fronts like you have said above and see if the flashers function, this will likely give us the answer to that question.

Do you have any wiring diagrams or instructions that came with the lights?
Is the housing and the threaded shaft on the M-Blaze fixtures metal or plastic?

BCS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be correct if indeed the black wire from the M-Blaze light is a ground wire for the fixture.

But the fact that you say you are getting both running light and turn signal at this moment on the front with the way you have it wired now cast some real doubt on that.
If you have both running and turn signal functioning right now the way you have it wired that would lead me to believe that the black wire coming from the M-Blaze fixtures is not a ground wire at all.

Try to connect both the fronts like you have said above and see if the flashers function, this will likely give us the answer to that question.

Where there any wiring diagrams or instructions that came with the lights?
Is the housing and the threaded shaft on the M-Blaze fixtures metal or plastic?

BCS
[/QUOT

Hey!!! Thanks again for your time and patience. Makes sense. The front signals work fine like I connected them (without connecting the Black/white wire). As for the M-Blaze shaft, it's metal. My issue is the rear turn signal not flashing. they worked fine before I installed the front signals. The front LED have running light and they flash but the rear just stay on.:confused: I'm assuming that I may have done something wrong when I connected the front. I guess I'm over thinking the front turn signals. Would the flasher relay change to LED be a consideration?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was also informed that the solid black wire was the turn signal and the green wire was the running lights. (both from the bike connector) I guess that would explain the present front signal results?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Here is the issue I am having trouble with......

If all 4 of the M-Blaze fixtures are the same then what you have going on makes no sense at all.

You say the back signals worked fine before you installed the fronts.......but your back signals are presently wired up with ground B/W wire going to black from the M-Blaze and the turn signal conductor going to Red on the M-Blaze........is this not correct?
(See the rear wiring diagram I supplied you and confirm exactly how the rear signals are wired up).

Then on the fronts you say you connected the turn signal conductor to Black from the M-Blaze and the running light conductor to Red from the M-Blaze and did not use the ground at all.

So we seem to be at a Mexican Standoff......Either your fronts are wired wrong or the rear is wired wrong......or a third option may well be what you have going on is being lost in translation completely. :)

If the fronts did not require a ground conductor then I would have to assume the rear should not either and the metal casing of the fixture acts as the ground. (This would be very unorthodox but possible I suppose)
So if that is the case then why did the rear work if you have a ground wire connected to what you now say is the turn signal conductor on the fixture? If the M-Blaze are truly all 4 exactly the same then by the logic used to connect the fronts you would only need to connect 1 wire (the turn signal conductor) to the rears.
Something is not right......or at least not clear by the description given.

Are the M-Blaze fixtures different from front to back? Are they identified separately as for use on the front or rear?

BCS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MISSION COMPLETE!!!!!

Tape up the Green. (No longer have running lights unless you plan to have them in the future).

Thanks again BCS for your time, patience and research. I hope that this lesson will help those who have any thoughts about the M-Blaze LED Lights. Also would like to mention that the Revo cycle 5th Generation Knight rider light will not be a problem once the LED connections are made as mentioned above. Thanks again and stay safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MISSION COMPLETE!!!!!

Tape up the Green. (No longer have running lights unless you plan to have them in the future).

Thanks again BCS for your time, patience and research. I hope that this lesson will help those who have any thoughts about the M-Blaze LED Lights. Also would like to mention that the Revo cycle 5th Generation Knight rider light will not be a problem once the LED connections are made as mentioned above. Thanks again and stay safe.
One more thing. the connection instruction mentioned below are to be done for BOTH FRONT TURN SIGNALS.
Start on the front and work your way back.

Tape up the Green.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts