M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am out getting in some good seat time, and I get to practice the off-road abilities of my motorcycle... not in a FUN way either...

I am driving around my area, getting used to the controls, how good she rides, and all...

I'm coming down a street, one lane each way, the opposite lane has a car parked next to the house... and I'm going along and one of the stupid contractors building houses out here, is driving a big dump truck, talking on his cell phone, and does he bother to wait for me to pass, HECK NO, he just goes around the car, goes RIGHT INTO my lane, and of course, I swerve off into someone's yard to avoid a collision (bike handles great in grass by the way, LOL) and luckily get away with out a scratch.

I turn around and follow the guy back to where he parks, and proceed to give him a nice bitching out and of course he replies in nothing but spanish (which just pisses me off as I KNOW he can understand me clearly, so I just proceed to bitch him out in Spanish, LOL) , but I got his vehicle info and already reported him to his company, who ASSURED me they would handle it (yeah right)...

Even when I was just a cager, I always have kept an eye out for ALL traffic, being in my big truck I can easily see all around me and constantly LOOK before I turn, or do something STUPID like him... wish that licenses could be revoked for crap like that dumb driver pulled today...

I am sure there is things already done for this, but more motorists need to be courteous and watch the road, and GET OFF THAT CELL PHONE.

I'm just glad that I don't own a gun, as I would have shot out all 4 of that guy's tires... as that was scary as CRAP, having a big dump truck almost mow you over...

Okay, back to riding in a few, just needed to VENT...

Dumb drivers on cell phones, sheez

·
Registered
398 Posts
That Su*&%s.... I'm glad you and the bike made it out unscathed. We always have to be vigilant since no one else(cagers) will.

he would have been sucking with me cause Spanish is my first language.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yep happened to me yesterday. A guy pulled out right in front of me and I got stopped but then he flipped me off!! So I abliged and flipped him the bird back, only to have him follow me back by where I work and call and complain to my boss that one of his employees had flipped him off and that he was a customer and shouldn't have to be treated that way!!! WHAT?? YOU PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND FLIPPED ME OFF?? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Later he had the guts to come in and confront me, but his only saving grace was that he brought his 8 yr old son in with him and I wasn't about to do or say anything in front of his son. However I did tell the young boy that his dad had done something wrong and was not handeling it correctly and that he shouldn't learn from his stupid dads example! "now theres the door, Goodbye!!" :verymad:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am also glad that I made it out unscathed, only have 20 miles on her right now, would hate to have to bring her back so SOON :)

I ended up calling one of the constables in this area (who just happens to be a good friend of mine) and he is going to handle it as well on his end...

I think a nice ticket sent to his company, will probably not change how he drives, but at least it will make a small statement...

I just can't believe how horrible and unsafe people drive out there!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Yep happened to me yesterday. A guy pulled out right in front of me and I got stopped but then he flipped me off!! So I abliged and flipped him the bird back, only to have him follow me back by where I work and call and complain to my boss that one of his employees had flipped him off and that he was a customer and shouldn't have to be treated that way!!! WHAT?? YOU PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND FLIPPED ME OFF?? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Later he had the guts to come in and confront me, but his only saving grace was that he brought his 8 yr old son in with him and I wasn't about to do or say anything in front of his son. However I did tell the young boy that his dad had done something wrong and was not handeling it correctly and that he shouldn't learn from his stupid dads example! "now theres the door, Goodbye!!" :verymad:
Oh man I would have a big problem with that. If this happened to me I would really have a hard time not beating his ass. Kid there or not dude put your life in danger then had the gull to talk smack to you but brings his kid so you cant do anything. Pu$$y

·
Registered
817 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
but his only saving grace was that he brought his 8 yr old son in with him and I wasn't about to do or say anything in front of his son.
Congrats. You have a lot more self control than I do. I wouldn't have given a crap if his son, grnadmother, and second cousin were there. I'd have cold-cocked the whole family if need be. :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am amazed at how horrible people drive every day out there on the roads...

I really would love to see cars activated by a license... so people who get their's suspended, or who don't have one, could NOT DRIVE at all...

I see so many people who are WAY TOO OLD to drive... some young kids who should NOT be driving, but their parents got them a permit at like age 14 it seems...

I see people who are so rude and won't let you in a lane when traffic is bad, and seen people just cut you off not paying attention, then flip YOU off, when you honk at them...

I can't believe how horrible drivers have become out there on the roads...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've taken time out of my busy schedule to confront a couple of people about their apparent lack of ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner. My third day on my M, I'm merging into a left turn lane, signal flashing. An oncoming car signalled for a left turn then merged into his left turn lane. I start rolling through my turn and this guy decides he's not turning left any more, whips back out into the through lane and flies by about a foot from my front tire. I damned near put my new ride on the ground trying to brake in a turn. I turned around and followed him to a restaurant parking lot. He was walking across the parking lot when I pulled up beside him and said "Remember me?" I killed the motor and asked him if he'd like to see some pictures of my daughters, whom he almost made fatherless. All he would say was "Sorry. man. I'm so sorry." I rode off and he was still standing there, looking at the ground. Maybe... just maybe it'll make a difference to the couple of people I've talked to. I just hope I don't get shot doing this. I've waited for them to get out of their car and I only do it when I have my helmet on in case they start swinging... lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trouble_Is said:
I've taken time out of my busy schedule to confront a couple of people about their apparent lack of ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner. My third day on my M, I'm merging into a left turn lane, signal flashing. An oncoming car signalled for a left turn then merged into his left turn lane. I start rolling through my turn and this guy decides he's not turning left any more, whips back out into the through lane and flies by about a foot from my front tire. I damned near put my new ride on the ground trying to brake in a turn. I turned around and followed him to a restaurant parking lot. He was walking across the parking lot when I pulled up beside him and said "Remember me?" I killed the motor and asked him if he'd like to see some pictures of my daughters, whom he almost made fatherless. All he would say was "Sorry. man. I'm so sorry." I rode off and he was still standing there, looking at the ground. Maybe... just maybe it'll make a difference to the couple of people I've talked to. I just hope I don't get shot doing this. I've waited for them to get out of their car and I only do it when I have my helmet on in case they start swinging... lol
Well, I am 6'5" and 290 pounds, a total nice guy, but to someone who doesn't know me, they would have the crap scared out of them if I pulled up on the bike, killed the engine, and proceeded to dismount, wearing my helmet, gloves, and full riding gear... but would it actually make them think twice next time they are out on the road? DOUBTFUL...

Some people just DO NOT THINK!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts