Big Joe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice....looks good :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
how much? temp would be nice but i don't need a clock. is there anything else we could put in there?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Big Joe
They look great. I have been looking for a temp gauge for a while as the temp drops over the mountain passes up here and it would be nice to know when gets below freezing. Can you get a deal on the chrome fork covers... Maybe if a few of us bought some too.

How do we order the guages? And yes, are there any other options instead of a clock.

Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like the fork tubes especially as I got a stone chip on the alloy.
Got a clock, is there anything else to fit in it's place?
How can we buy them?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
moto said:
I would really like the fork tubes, are they slip on over the forks?
Here is the install thread.
Here we Go :eek:
1)Start off by putting the bike on a lift and pulling of the front cowl.

2) Pull The Calipers, Front Wheel & Front Fender

3)Through a blanket over the tank and strap up the bars.

4)Now loosen the triple tree pinch bolts on one side at a time and pull the fork out. Slide the O-ring over the fork and install fat fork tube.
replace the fork tube in the trees and push up into the trees until the top of the fork is flush with the top of the upper triple tree.

5)Repeat for the other side.

6)Now pull the upper triple tree off and slide O-rings and tubes on.

7)replace upper triple tree and tighten top nut and pinch bolts.

8)Replace Fender, Tire, Calipers, and Cowl make sure to tighten every thing up.

9)Now Go Ride It Like You Stole It!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Tomorrow Night we will install the time & Temp Fork Caps or Plain Fork Caps
:bigthumbsup:

Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aussie109 said:
How can we buy them?
Hal at DLP has it all.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aussie109 said:
How can we buy them?
We are in the process of making a reservoir temp mount for the M-109 now and will look similar to this one.
Big Joe.

Item # 275. Add this beautifully sculpted temp gage to your bike for a totally unique custom look. No more cheesy strap it to your handle bar mounts! This is a sculpted piece of 6061 billet aluminum, chromed to perfection! The gage is high quality, attractive and is weather proof and vibration resistant. Fits all late model Honda Cruisers, AND all Yamaha Roadstars.
Link: http://www.kewlmetal.com/Default.as...sterCategoryID=1&SubCategoryID=2&pagenumber=2

·
Registered
317 Posts
Big Joe said:
We are in the process of making a reservoir temp mount for the M-109 now and will look similar to this one.
Big Joe.

Item # 275. Add this beautifully sculpted temp gage to your bike for a totally unique custom look. No more cheesy strap it to your handle bar mounts! This is a sculpted piece of 6061 billet aluminum, chromed to perfection! The gage is high quality, attractive and is weather proof and vibration resistant. Fits all late model Honda Cruisers, AND all Yamaha Roadstars.
Link: http://www.kewlmetal.com/Default.as...sterCategoryID=1&SubCategoryID=2&pagenumber=2
now that i like. whats that going to cost

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey!!! There IS sunlight where you live! Now how about take some nice pics like that of the chrome fork covers too... :bigthumbsup:

Edited to add: All that pretty chrome you guys make, and you're still running the stock mirrors... :dontknow: :joke: :p

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Sorry... One more thing. I just checked the DLP site for the covers, and I'm curious. All your pics show the flame job at the bottom. Is this something additional? I am guessing it is since I don't see them being part of the slip-ons.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Windog said:
120 on speed o ,must be a mistake? ::)
:a20: .......................... you did know that was a thermometer not a speedo right :p ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts