M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V65 was faster ,it rev'ed at 10K,and I been playing with my 9 for 3 day's what a blast.I hit the 500 mark.The V65 was an animal of a bike,and when harley came out with a 1100,the first real bike they made.I would think If honda would make that 1100,it would spank the v rod. But on the torque side,the 9 feel like double,I know it not double,but it has gobs,of torque.I love this bike,and Honda this is a wake up call,if you got any riders left. 8)

·
Registered
326 Posts
LOL, the ol V65 Magna, what a ad campaign Honda pulled off for that one, I sent many a V65 owner home with a well whipped azz when I had my Yamaha FJ1100.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm sure Honda has a "few" riders left.  They'll respond, but they do tend to take their time.
In the meantime, I'll enjoy what's available now.  The 109 fills the bill in many ways.
Jerbear

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with the remark on Honda.
I wanted an 1800, even a Vrod, but when I saw this beauty there was no question and I hadn't seen the performance specs yet.
My only comment top my wife was "do you think that fat tire is becoming a 67 yr. old?"
She said yes, I said yes..The rest is history.
I love my 109!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Windog said:
My V65 was faster ,it rev'ed at 10K,and I been playing with my 9 for 3 day's what a blast.I hit the 500 mark.The V65 was an animal of a bike,and when harley came out with a 1100,the first real bike they made.I would think If honda would make that 1100,it would spank the v rod. But on the torque side,the 9 feel like double,I know it not double,but it has gobs,of torque.I love this bike,and Honda this is a wake up call,if you got any riders left. 8)
The v65 is a very fast bike but from the guys I have talked to that owned them, not great for handling. As to the torque the 109 is great but that is the one area that my x is still better. Out of the hole the x is fantastic but I do like the 109 for handling and the taller gears. I am just glad I have both and they are both great, especially since most people don't know what they are.

Last year coming back from Biketoberfest I pulled into the Orlando Harley Store. They have their own bike week and had a pretty good crowd. Even the employees loved the vtx and they actually had me stop up front so they could get some pictures of it.

I think my x is more of a classic cruiser and the 109 is where cruiser are heading ( I love the sport bike influence)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts