M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anxiously awaiting the Big Joe rack but in the mean time, I'm using the bungee buttons along with a Nelson Rigg silver streak bag.

Are any of you guys using a three piece soft luggage kit (givi, etc.) along with the buttons or are you using saddle bag supports with them? I'm trying to find something I'm decently happy with right now and I don't really wanna drop alot of $ if the rack is coming out soon (PLEASE JOE! :bigthumbsup:)

Anyway, I've searched and I see different things but I don't really want to add supports since I've got the buttons... maybe the supports could be worked in WITH the buttons along with longer bolts... hmmmm

Debating plugging up the gear and heading out for a road trip to visit the family on turkey day.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've debated buttons vs supports several times. (So far, I've got neither.) Seems to be that the supports would allow you to secure bungee cords somehow, wouldn't they?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a Silver Streak Roll bag along with the mini saddlebags. The entire system works great, and as soon as I arrive at my destination the bags come off and the bike reverts back to a solo 109 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Don't know if it's what you're after but this setup worked extremely well for me :bigthumbsup:

Metcruze seat & rack combined with Ventura bag and some bungee cords for the stuff on the back.

No mods at all to the bike. It's all attached to the seat. Remove the lot with your key. If you don't want the custom seat he can mod your standard pillion seat. I've got both options.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=7054.0

·
Registered
171 Posts
That looks pretty good. I am planning my first long trip on my 109 and need to get those fasteners that you have there. Can you send me a link to those? How much stuff can you get in that bag? I am not gonna be camping, but just need a few changes of clothes and whatever else for my 300-miles per day trip.

I have a pretty big tank bag that will complement something like that bag you have.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Falconer said:
you usin' saddlebag supports? thx
Negative. The saddlebags have attachments that you snap the roll bag extensions into. There is no need for saddlebag supports. You use the wide velcro strap that goes over the rear seat area to tighten up the saddle bags. The system works well on my 109 and my Busa. I do 400 mile roundtrips every few weeks up and back to Alabama and I have never had any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts