M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've searched for the last hour on here and can't find a luggage rack that I could use.

I have Corbin seats with the back rest. Is there a luggage rack out there that works with these seats? Seems like the only ones I can find either bolt onto the sissy bar, or cover part of the backseat so the backrest can't be used. I'm tired of not having anyplace to carry anything so figured a luggage rack and a smaller sissy bar bag might be a viable option. Loved the idea of the smuggler trunk from Corbin, but I still need the backseat most of the time, and it's higher priced that I would like.

Any idea?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Good question! I though about the Kewlmetal or the Cobra ones because I also have the corbin full set but I have my cowl on my of the time and I just want a luggage rack the with the back rest that I can carry something on.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You might get away with the cobra sissy bar rack, but you'd have to forgo the backrest and use nuts on the bolts for the rack.;):dontknow:The cortek saddle bags maybe and forget the luggage rack?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just wondering how you like the Corbin seats. I was looking at a set but they are pretty pricie. I would hate to buy them and not like them.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Just wondering how you like the Corbin seats. I was looking at a set but they are pretty pricie. I would hate to buy them and not like them.
Send Circus Bear a PM he had a very difficult time getting a quality product from Corbin, and might still be working on the situation. IMO you should go with Baldylatino, he does great work and the prices are reasonable. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
The corbin seats feel great, and I really like them!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes i would agree, go with BaldlyLatino for the drivers seat. I purchased the rear for my wife along with the backrest and so far really happy with the looks and the fitment. I was suprised when I got it in a week in a half, but when it is time for the front i will be having BaldlyLatino doing it.

hope this helps
BDK

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like my Corbin's, but the only thing I have to compare them to on the 9 are the stock seats. I just wish there was a luggage rack that was compatible with the whole Corbin set up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might get away with the cobra sissy bar rack, but you'd have to forgo the backrest and use nuts on the bolts for the rack.;):dontknow:The cortek saddle bags maybe and forget the luggage rack?
The Cortech bags are another option I'm kind of looking at. Price wise it'll probably be more reasonable, but I don't think I'll like how it looks.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
you do know corbin makes a little trunk that fits the backrest I personally don't like it just go to corbin.com you will see what I mean I too want to add a rack to the backrest but want it to also be removable

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ok, I've searched for the last hour on here and can't find a luggage rack that I could use.

I have Corbin seats with the back rest. Is there a luggage rack out there that works with these seats? Seems like the only ones I can find either bolt onto the sissy bar, or cover part of the backseat so the backrest can't be used. I'm tired of not having anyplace to carry anything so figured a luggage rack and a smaller sissy bar bag might be a viable option. Loved the idea of the smuggler trunk from Corbin, but I still need the backseat most of the time, and it's higher priced that I would like.

Any idea?
Walmarts sell a MC sissy bag for $30.00 that works real good on the corbin back rest, my wife and i use it a lot on two day trips...
On this photos we are on the way to the keys in Feb 2010. 300 mile ride on way .........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts