M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a luggage rack for the 9 that works well or even looks good with the seat cowl in place and not using the passenger backrest to strap it to.

Im looking to get rid of the passenger seat on my 9 but I need to keep the luggage rack.

Any hints or tips for this one?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

There's my Cobra luggage rack without the backrest. The 4 bolts that secure the rack to the mounting brackets also thread into the backrest when it's mounted. Cobra also sells a "solo" luggage rack for people who have no intentions of having a passenger backrest.

-Josh

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Anyone know of a luggage rack for the 9 that works well or even looks good with the seat cowl in place and not using the passenger backrest to strap it to.

Im looking to get rid of the passenger seat on my 9 but I need to keep the luggage rack.

Any hints or tips for this one?
It looks like you have the Suzuki accessory.
Can't you just remove the backrest and keep the luggage rack? Or, are you looking for something that looks better?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Del made a nice one a few years back. I don't think he makes them anymore but I think they were some of the nicest looking racks and were very heavy-duty too. I would have sent it out to get chromed or possibly painted to match the bike.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Del made a nice one a few years back. I don't think he makes them anymore but I think they were some of the nicest looking racks and were very heavy-duty too. I would have sent it out to get chromed or possibly painted to match the bike.
Thanks for the kind comments. The last Stealth Rack went out the door last summer. I just don't have the spare time to build them with work/school/projects.
I've been looking into other designs and materials but nothing has motivated me to dive in. The capital investment is steep for carbon fiber.

FYI, there was one that I built that was chromed.

That thing was awesome.

As for the Cobra, they have limited the surface area for stuff to sit on. And as I learned early on, stuff can slide forward and scuff the cowl. Just fabric flapping in the wind is enough to do it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments. The last Stealth Rack went out the door last summer. I just don't have the spare time to build them with work/school/projects.
I've been looking into other designs and materials but nothing has motivated me to dive in. The capital investment is steep for carbon fiber.

FYI, there was one that I built that was chromed.

That thing was awesome.

As for the Cobra, they have limited the surface area for stuff to sit on. And as I learned early on, stuff can slide forward and scuff the cowl. Just fabric flapping in the wind is enough to do it.
yeah buddy, that is the one i'm talkiing about. sweet looking rack and very very nice with the chrome finish. awesome job on that Del. :bigthumbsup:

if you ever decide to make one more, let me know. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
yeah buddy, that is the one i'm talkiing about. sweet looking rack and very very nice with the chrome finish. awesome job on that Del. :bigthumbsup:

if you ever decide to make one more, let me know. :bigthumbsup:
me too....there two sold there already...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Is there one with a quick release like the Jardine Back rest?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts