M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my owners manual, it suggests using certain lubricants when doing periodic maintenance. Lots of reference to Suzuki brand or equivalent.
Needing some advice from you seasoned garage mechanics. For general lubrication points and various other lubricants, what products are you using?
Suzuki will charge an arm and a leg...there has got to be a better way.

Dave

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
In my owners manual, it suggests using certain lubricants when doing periodic maintenance. Lots of reference to Suzuki brand or equivalent.
Needing some advice from you seasoned garage mechanics. For general lubrication points and various other lubricants, what products are you using?
Suzuki will charge an arm and a leg...there has got to be a better way.

Dave
Can you be more specific, like which areas you are trying to lubricate?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delayed response...working like a dog.
I was referring to general pivot points for metal on metal...like levers and gear shifters. Also, there appears to be some type of grease on several of the rubber rings that attach to the body covers. I am removing these for painting and wanted to clean everything up as the grease looks like it has attrached alot of dirt over the years(2006).

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response...working like a dog.
I was referring to general pivot points for metal on metal...like levers and gear shifters. Also, there appears to be some type of grease on several of the rubber rings that attach to the body covers. I am removing these for painting and wanted to clean everything up as the grease looks like it has attrached alot of dirt over the years(2006).
For metal to metal contact points I use Mobil 1 grease.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts