M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well katz i was sitting down reviewing the mods i have done the seat mod i dont think i have said anything about it so here it is all you do is get an electric knife from wal mart pull off the seat cover draw a 1.0 inch line around the seat edge fade it at he front cut the seat level across side to side and tapered back to front (its ok if you mess up use 3 m glue to repair any oooooop's) then use the knife to shape the edges and buff the hard cut lines with a sander when your all done take some head liner foam and glue it down to the seat foam and recover the seat with stock seat cover ( this mod is not for the timid) on a scale 1-10 this is a 5

·
Registered
639 Posts
Navy Guy said:
well katz i was sitting down reviewing the mods i have done the seat mod i don't think i have said anything about it so here it is all you do is get an electric knife from wal mart pull off the seat cover draw a 1.0 inch line around the seat edge fade it at he front cut the seat level across side to side and tapered back to front (its ok if you mess up use 3 m glue to repair any oooooop's) then use the knife to shape the edges and buff the hard cut lines with a sander when your all done take some head liner foam and glue it down to the seat foam and recover the seat with stock seat cover ( this mod is not for the timid) on a scale 1-10 this is a 5
Navy Guy, Sounds like you did what I would like to do and that is drop the seat height by about an inch or inch and a half. Do you have any pictures of before and after?

Thanks!

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts