M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure we have threads with this matter but I do not know how to find them.
Sooooooooooooo, if I carry a load of 380 (240 mine and the rest my queen) how much you guys recommend to lower it? 2" will be too much?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I went with 1.5 and I weigh 250, and you can see how mine rides going down the road. I wouldn't go any lower than 2'' with nearly 400 lbs riding 2 up.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I went with 1.5 and I weigh 250, and you can see how mine rides going down the road. I wouldn't go any lower than 2'' with nearly 400 lbs riding 2 up.
:agree:You can always jack the pre load on your shock up when riding 2 up to give yourself a little more clearence.

·
Registered
754 Posts
For that kind of weight no more than 2.25 or max 2.50 or get the adjustable bones and when solo riding slam the bike 3"

This picture shows a drop of 3"

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
:agree:You can always jack the pre load on your shock up when riding 2 up to give yourself a little more clearence.
:agree:eek:r adjustable bones is a way to go

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
The Yana Shiki 2" bones you find on ebay lower it about 2.25", maybe 2.5" if you drop the shock down to #2. My wife and I together weight about 350 pounds and I've only bottomed out twice with those on. Both times were not in places you should normally find on the road, like the end of a section that was being paved that had a good 4" dropoff and no warning.

Grind the bolts off under the fender that are right over the tire. You can also remove them from above and shorten them. If you don't they will cut grooves in the tire if you bottom it. With them cut off, even if you bottom it it doesn't do anything other than make a slight noise.

Or do as I did and get the wife/significant other her own bike, then you can lower it as much as you want. :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For that kind of weight no more than 2.25 or max 2.50 or get the adjustable bones and when solo riding slam the bike 3"

This picture shows a drop of 3"
I like those!!! Where did you find them?? Your bike looks really good! I'am also looking for the type of signal ligths you have on the rear.
Thank you for the reply!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My bike is dropped 3" and my wife and I together are probably pushin 400lbs. I've never had it bottom yet, but I am very careful over speed bumps.

·
Registered
754 Posts
One sugestion when you have ur bike lower 3" removed the metal cover that hides the rear shocks, this will give u more clerance when u lean the bike, will also reduce the time to lower ur bike if ur using the adjustable bones!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts