M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I love the way the 9's sit lowered, but I also love the way this bike handles stock. If I am scraping pegs now at stock height will 2 inch bones really take away from cornering on this bike.
My question is this should I be fine with the bones or should I save up some money and do air ride over the winter.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It does alter the ride pretty much my son lowered his 2 inch's and he likes the way my stock bike handles.save up for the air ride i am.and you will scrape them pegs and pipes big time.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
you just have to adjust your riding style

in other words the lower you go the more you have to sit inside the curve to keep the bike more upright.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
You can adjust for it.

Lowering the rear 2" only lowers the pegs by about 3/4". Remove the feelers, or go to aftermarket pegs that don't have them, and you gain most of that back.

Then you can angle the pegs up a little. Pick the pegs up and place one or two pennies between the pegs and the base, and notice how much that raises the ends of the pegs. For me the slight angle up also made it more comfortable for my feet. If that works for you, take the pegs off and drill the back of them and insert a small bolt to angle them up.

Look at my pegs in this picture and compare the angle they are at to the shift and brake pegs. The angle of them matches the angle of my legs too. These are Iso Dually's with no feelers and I only touch them once in a while. I have the 2" Yana Shiki bones which lowers it by about 2 1/2".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts