M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide on how far to lower my bike. I could really use the help of our community here. If you have lowered your 9 and have a good side view, would really appreciate a posted picture and description of which length of bone that you used. Also, any comments on whether you would have gone lower or not as low, now that you have done the project.

Thanks, Dave

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
2 " love the stance and no issues with anything, I still drive like i always have.....I am not a knee dragger especially on a cruiser.....

·
Registered
300 Posts
2" yana shiki lowering bones AWESOME! the wife and i ride 2 up and it works great! other option is air ride

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grind the pegs now, without the lowering bones...

Come from a sportbike background...at one time

Anyone have just the 1.5"??

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
georgiaroller has the 1 1/2 bones and he rides the heck out of his bike 2 up or solo. If I wasn't getting airride I think that would be the way to go.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
be sure to grind the bolts that stick thru the fender or your tire will pay dearly!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point...never even thought of that until you just mentioned it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have 2" bones, just lowered Revlo3's 3" the other day.......don't forget the bolts. We didn't know about them....Jacob (Revlo3) now has some nice lines in his rear tire......... Here is a pic of both silver bullet is mine, the black beauty is his. Added Blakester71's orange beast, his is lowered 2" as well

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did any of you stiffen up your suspension settings to help off set hitting a bid old bump and having your rear end slap the tire? Or is that even a concern?

Great photos by the way.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Did any of you stiffen up your suspension settings to help off set hitting a bid old bump and having your rear end slap the tire? Or is that even a concern?

Great photos by the way.
Well that depends what type o rider you are. I set mine at 6 after a big ol bump, and bottoming out, stock is 4, but if one is not riding twisties or in need of the stiffeness, it will pound your back, I set mine to 3 for normal driving and remember that, if I find some good road for fun, LOL All a compromise......3 really makes normal cruising real nice......

·
Registered
81 Posts

Great photos by the way.
I went for a test drive yesterday thru some bumpy roads and never bottomed out. 240lbs 2.25 bones, shock set at 1.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shock set at 1...is that the stiffest or softest? Sorry, have never messed with the shock of this bike...on my sportbike, lots of changes to the front and rears.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
2.75" drop Side view (btw Shock set on 6 in the pictures)

2.75 drop 3/4 angle view

·
Registered
81 Posts
Shock set at 1...is that the stiffest or softest? Sorry, have never messed with the shock of this bike...on my sportbike, lots of changes to the front and rears.
1 is the softest.
7 being the stiffest

1 - 20 of 48 Posts