M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to pick the brains of the mod-savvy folks for a minute. Will lowering/air-adjusting the rear suspension on the M put any undue strain on the steering components? I'd hate to ride around with the @ss-end slammed for a month or so just to find out that the nice, round hole Suzuki made in the gooseneck is now egg-shaped, or that I'm replacing bearings three times to every oil change :eek: Thanks for any opinions :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Trouble is I have had Jasonz lowering bones on my bike for about 2 months and at least 600 miles and I love them. NO issues at all with handling or bottoming out. I have to tell ya the bike looks bad azz lowered. Do a search and check out Jasonz lowering bones these bones were built beefy as all hell. They are well made and worth the money. Ray

·
Registered
956 Posts
Is is necessary to get the lower kit if you are later going to install the air ride?

·
Registered
133 Posts
wouldnt do it. the air ride should lower your bike with the stock bones about a 1/4" off the back tire. if you install the lowering links and the air ride, if you do have a failure of the system you are stuck on the side of the road. the stock bones atleast give you the security of knowing if somthing goes wrong with your air ride, you can atleast make it home.

Vetgasm said:
Is is necessary to get the lower kit if you are later going to install the air ride?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Trouble

I know what you are saying, I guess I am a mechnical engineer, so I wil try and respond.

The question would be, by lowering the rear end of the bike would you increase the moment force on the Head set on the frame of the bike? Well the truth is Yes, but the amount the force would increase would not be enough to have any major effects on the head set.

The bike is built with service factors which allow for extreme conditions and this one is not even close. The only thing I would recommend that all riders do, especially with the 2.5" Lowering bones is to check the head set once in a while. Place the bike on a jack and pull up on the front wheel to see if any thing has worked its way loose.

By the way I purchased the Lowering bones because I want to have fun with working on and riding my bike.
I am in no way connected to the guys who make them but they did a good job making them.

good riding to ya!
:bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
the lowering bones do only lower the rear, but you can't really see a difference in height from the front to the back. There is a pic of Lamonsters bike and the air ride with it dropped 4" and that looks dumped in the back, but i don't think you can ride with it like that it's only for looking cool in the parking lot. You gotta raise it up to ride. I think Jason (lowering bones supplier) said that he made his into a hardtail and dropped it 4 or 4.5".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts