M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'2" and about 275 pounds, my wife is about 5'10" 140 pounds,I dont get to ride much without her but would like to lower the bike a little.I did install scorpion tips and still running stock tires (disgusting purchased bike in june 2008 and have 2600 miles on it.:dontknow: TOO MUCH WORK:cus:). Do you think that I can get away with lowering 2" or maybe just 1.5". Also if anyone has a rear seat that has $100 backrest mod done that has moved onto bigger and better things (corbin) that would like to sell let me know. P.S. I do live at base of mountains in tennessee on the lowering part but not that aggressive of rider when the other half is on the back!!!!! Because she will kill me:evil: or make me wished i would have died.:joke:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
1.5 here too, I weight 250 but don't ride 2 up except with my daughters. If you set the rear shock to 5 or higher you shouldn't have any problems. But you will want to grind down the bolts inside your wheel well to keep from grooving your tires.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm 6'2" and about 275 pounds, my wife is about 5'10" 140 pounds,I dont get to ride much without her but would like to lower the bike a little.I did install scorpion tips and still running stock tires (disgusting purchased bike in june 2008 and have 2600 miles on it.:dontknow: TOO MUCH WORK:cus:). Do you think that I can get away with lowering 2" or maybe just 1.5". Also if anyone has a rear seat that has $100 backrest mod done that has moved onto bigger and better things (corbin) that would like to sell let me know. P.S. I do live at base of mountains in tennessee on the lowering part but not that aggressive of rider when the other half is on the back!!!!! Because she will kill me:evil: or make me wished i would have died.:joke:
Buy this and you can set it to wat ever u like in less than 20 minuts
http://www.metricfats.com/?page_id=10&category=8 scroll down the page for the adjustable bones

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your results will partly depend on how your tips are turned.

I'm 6' 1" and ~ 250 and have the 1.5 drop on my bike. My scorpion tips are turned "down and out" at about a 45 degree angle. Even riding solo, there are some tight turns (and one decreasing-radius onramp in particular) on my commute where the lower tip scrapes.

Since the tips are fixed, tight right-hand curves are sometimes an anxious proposition: if too much weight were to transfer to the tip and off the rear wheel, it's possible to lose traction or even take a spill.

If your tips are straight out to the side, I think you're more likely to be OK.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
If you go 2" drop and then slap a Dunnie E3-250 on the back, you will regain 1" of clearance. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks my tips are out to the side and i think i will go to 1.5 due to the weather with all the rain the roads are getting pretty rough. But i appreciate every ones comments
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts