M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the m109 world and this forum. I am a warrior guy myself but just bought an 07 m109 for my wife and need to have it lowered. What is my best option? Lowering dog bones? Best make?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hello and welcome,
I am about 325 pounds and used the 2 inch bones and it looked and ran great with jsut me on it .. once my wife got on the back ( the very few times she did) we scraped on some roads. My wife is about 135 pounds so her at that weight and then sitting to the back was kickin my back tires ass!! i took off the 2 inch bones and went with the adjustable.. once one they take about 20 mins to adjsut to any position you want.. my 2c.. Gl

·
Radio Active Member
22,664 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

I have the 2" bones from Yana Shiki. You can find them on ebay and they work well and make it look nice. Ride is unaffected. They actually lower it closer to 2.5".

If you ride the twisties a lot consider going no more than the 1.5" bones. You can do the 2" and keep the clearance by modifying the angle on your footpegs by adding a couple bolts to the back of them. If you decide you need to do that, post back and we can link you up.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

I have the 2" bones from Yana Shiki. You can find them on ebay and they work well and make it look nice. Ride is unaffected. They actually lower it closer to 2.5".

If you ride the twisties a lot consider going no more than the 1.5" bones. You can do the 2" and keep the clearance by modifying the angle on your footpegs by adding a couple bolts to the back of them. If you decide you need to do that, post back and we can link you up.
I have the same as Zoom. I have had others and YanaShiki are the best!

BTW...Why did you buy your wife a faster bike than yours...???:evil:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have the 1 1\2" bones on mine andd they lowered it just enough not to scrape in the twisties and very comfortable ride.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the YanaShiki 2" bones.(not pictured) With me 225 and my son (bout) 120. ony timed we bottomed out, was going over a VERY rough and bumpy set of tracks. Oher than that no problems at all.
They were also the cheapest I was able to find. Right around $85 with shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same as Zoom. I have had others and YanaShiki are the best!

BTW...Why did you buy your wife a faster bike than yours...???:evil:
Well, she said she didn't mind the extra 100 lbs of weight, the degraded handling, the giant radiator and that headlight. :p Come on now, someone would be asking me next why I didn't buy her a nice Harley.

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I get the 109 on Saturday, so we will test it against the Warrior, and I can provide a (somewhat) impartial comparo.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Ahhh...Just kidding wit ya...:D:bigthumbsup: I looked at a Warrior before I bought my 9 and have ridden with a couple before. They are nice bikes, But you'll have to let us know if you find yourself eventually riding your wife's more than yours.:D

Have you met any of the guys from Columbus? There's a lot of 9's around there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts