M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have the 2" lowering bones. I love the look and the handling actually seems better in turns, IMO. I don't scrape much, but I live in the city. I think I bottomed out twice. My shock is at stock setting.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have the 2" lowering bones. I love the look and the handling actually seems better in turns, IMO. I don't scrape much, but I live in the city. I think I bottomed out twice. My shock is at stock setting.
:agree: We have a lot of curved farm and mountain roads where we ride, but nothing crazy. We are not aggressive and rarely tap pegs. I leave my heal off until I just feel it hit. Bikergranny's is 2" and actually as low as my 2.5" bones. I believe we really are 2" and it is perfect. Shock is on setting 3 and love it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Is it possible to get feedback on lowering the 109
by 2 inches or 3 inches
Does it make a big difference when taking curves ?
I was actually reading your question until the word "curves" was mentioned....my mind/eyes went straight to the avatar and totally forgot what you were talking about..... Sorry:bigthumbsup:

Ride on...

G

·
I was actually reading your question until the word "curves" was mentioned....my mind/eyes went straight to the avatar and totally forgot what you were talking about..... Sorry:bigthumbsup:

Ride on...
Bro no sh it. That avatar has a gravitational pull on my eyes! What this thread about again? *shakes head vigorously*

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Is it possible to get feedback on lowering the 109
by 2 inches or 3 inches
Mines close to 2.5 like BP's...sit off the bike towards the inside of the curves and the bike will stand more straight. Allowing you to take the turns faster. after lowering the 9 I've had to adopt a more "active/moving" riding style. The Yanashiki 2" 'ers are the best! Also it doesn't take all winter, about an hour and a half.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I like it better for a lower center of gravity myself.

Your gonna grind pegs in the mountain curves whether your at stock height or lowered. It is what it is when riding fast on a Cruiser. Might as well make the bike look better in the rear end by lowering it.

Mine is at a happy medium with a 1.5" drop. Lowering it 3" does scare me and I think it might be too much, but it all a matter of opinion and also what kind of roads you ride, how fast you take them, and what lean angle you run at. Some guys can ride fast in the curves a little more vertical than others. Other guys like to lay their bikes over turning out of the grocery store parking lot so they can hear their pegs grind. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I like it better for a lower center of gravity myself.

Your gonna grind pegs in the mountain curves whether your at stock height or lowered. It is what it is when riding fast on a Cruiser. Might as well make the bike look better in the rear end by lowering it.

Mine is at a happy medium with a 1.5" drop. Lowering it 3" does scare me and I think it might be too much, but it all a matter of opinion and also what kind of roads you ride, how fast you take them, and what lean angle you run at. Some guys can ride fast in the curves a little more vertical than others. Other guys like to lay their bikes over turning out of the grocery store parking lot so they can hear their pegs grind. :doorag:
What kind of bones you take for 1.5" drop ? :eek:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts