M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 M90 lowering links .... anyone have any idea or if there is another bike that would be compatible?

Schematic lists the stock part for the 2009 being the same for the 2013-2019 M90.....so anyone with any intel as to where I might locate a set of lowering bones for a 2009 OR a 2013-2019 M90?

Thanks!!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Google it.
I agree. A quick Google turned up several sources for them, but I don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to an M90.
What I found looks like 2 turnbuckles that can lower it up to 4".

I Googled "Suzuki M90 Lowering".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Google it.
I did. That is why I turned to this forum. It appears as though the 2009 M90 is a b!%h when it comes to lowering it. The most popular link (discussed on this site) no longer works. I did enough research to determine that the '09 and the '13-'19 use the same stock links. I even ordered a set from a "suspect" site, but I haven't been able to reach them and of course I have received nothing.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
I found an old thread on here that had a link for a kit for a 2009 M90, but the link wasn't valid. But I did search for the company and found them on Facebook. It looks like the FB site hasn't been updated in a while, but I'm not on there and can't contact them.

Link to thread on here:

And for the company I just googled Johnskits and a facebook link showed up.

And it looks like John's Kits is/was a member on here, but the link to his site doesn't work in this thread either.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. A quick Google turned up several sources for them, but I don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to an M90.
What I found looks like 2 turnbuckles that can lower it up to 4".

I Googled "Suzuki M90 Lowering".
I must have an old Google 😃 If you could provide a link from your version of Google, I would be much appreciative. I have spent countless hours searching to no avail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found an old thread on here that had a link for a kit for a 2009 M90, but the link wasn't valid. But I did search for the company and found them on Facebook. It looks like the FB site hasn't been updated in a while, but I'm not on there and can't contact them.

Link to thread on here:

And for the company I just googled Johnskits and a facebook link showed up.

And it looks like John's Kits is/was a member on here, but the link to his site doesn't work in this thread either.

Good Luck!
Thanks a ton! The Facebook page hasn't been updated since 2017.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Thanks a ton! The Facebook page hasn't been updated since 2017.
Did you try contacting them anyway? They may still be on there and just not updating their site. I couldn't find anything else on John's Kits searching.

I must have an old Google 😃 If you could provide a link from your version of Google, I would be much appreciative. I have spent countless hours searching to no avail.
LOL, I think there's only one Google. :)
I try different search parameters and start off making it specific, then more general until I start getting results. Also try searching for the model number (like the M109R is a VZR1800) and see if that gets anything,

It looks like those older links are just flat steel bars with holes to mount to the original locations. I'm wondering if a set from a C50 might work. My wife's C50 lowering links were made like that, and they had 3 locations to mount so you could lower it 1", 2" or 3". On the M109 the lowering bones get longer to lower the bike, picture shoving the wheel up into the fender to lower it. If you can't find a set that will work, it might be worthwhile to try and make your own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts