M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made custom dog bones with the plans that were in the how to section. I have the old bones off, and there is needle bearings in the larger end of the bones!!! I can't get the sleeve out at all, and people said they just come right out WTF???? Now I took all the needle bearings out, and still can't get the bushings out! Anyone help me at all????

Thanks so much!!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok there are two bushings with the metal rollers between them. But aftermarket bones only use the sleeve not the whole bushings the outer sleeve and the metal rollers stay in the stock bone and u use the sleeve in the new one

·
Registered
141 Posts
So I made custom dog bones with the plans that were in the how to section. I have the old bones off, and there is needle bearings in the larger end of the bones!!! I can't get the sleeve out at all, and people said they just come right out WTF???? Now I took all the needle bearings out, and still can't get the bushings out! Anyone help me at all????

Thanks so much!!!!
Just use the center sleeve, and use that you dont need the needle bearing just use some water proof grease on the sleeve.

·
Registered
448 Posts
See what I'm talking about

·
Registered
448 Posts
Pic

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But the thread that gave the specs for the lowering bones gave a 27mm hole for that size and that means reusing the whole bushing including the needle bearings....
Anyone get them out, or am I [email protected]@ out and need to re-machine new bones?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Picture of the 3" lowering bone

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well I #**%#^ one up trying to get the thing out b4 I knew that you only used the sleeve but they are pressed into the bone I don't see how u could get them out with out tearing it up u would need to get a new bushing to have pressed into the new bones but maybe there is someone out here with more knowledge on this then me. This is just what I had to do hope this helps u out

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand that the inner bushing comes out. What I'm saying is that the how to on building your own bones gives a big enough diameter to accept the whole bushing including the needle bearings. I understand you are trying to help, just very frustrated...
Looks like I'm off to machine new bones in the morning...:cus:

·
Registered
448 Posts
On the how to did the show anything about pressing the bushing out?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just called a buddy and he made some of his own stuff and he said he took a vise, a metal pipe just bigger than the hole and another one the same size as the bushing and put it in the vise and slowly tighten it so that the pipe would slowly push the bushing through into the bigger pipe but I have not done this

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, smashed the hell out it, and got them out with a socket and a bfh....
Thanks so much for all the help though, and I seriously mean that!
This site rules!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts