M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and bought some Yana Shiki 2" lowering bones...pretty much because I can't leave anything alone. Anyway, it only took me about an hour and a half to install them and I love the look. Here are the pics.

Stock

Lowered

·
Registered
356 Posts
nice

:congrats::congrats: looks and ride so much better lowered..... i got the air ride because wifey love to ride and with the bones in i keep bottoming out.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Looks damn good. I lowered mine also with the yanashiki bones when I added the 280. It actually handles better.

Is it just me....or do the white 9's look better lowered than any other color?:joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,872 Posts
That dropped it a bit more than 2", didn't it? :D

I have the same bones and it's closer to a 2.5" drop. Wait until you park it beside someone that has a set of 2" or 2.25" bones made by someone else.

Looks great too. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just me....or do the white 9's look better lowered than any other color?:joke:
Hell yes they do...and it's the fastest color too. :eek:

That dropped it a bit more than 2", didn't it? :D

I have the same bones and it's closer to a 2.5" drop. Wait until you park it beside someone that has a set of 2" or 2.25" bones made by someone else.

Looks great too. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
It sure looks like it dropped more than 2 inches. I measured from the floor to the helmet lock before I started and then again after I got done and the difference was 2 1/8th inches but it looks more than that. Now I need to decide if I am going to buy a shorter kickstand or just be extra careful of how and where I park.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I agree, it does look great lowered, but are any of you having scraping problems? I definitely scrape the crap out of my pegs when im taking a corner.. not to mention my exhaust shoots sparks on even slight right hand turns. I'm getting that rectified tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
These bikes NEED the 2" drop to look right!! yours looks awesome now.

I see everyone lowering the rear, but is there any way to bring the front down a little?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
These bikes NEED the 2" drop to look right!! yours looks awesome now.

I see everyone lowering the rear, but is there any way to bring the front down a little?
Here is a method to drop the front at a good price (at least I think), but it looks as if it will require some mechanical knowledge--at least if it requires for you to have to bleed the oil in the folks:dontknow:. Good luck with the project:bigthumbsup:.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROG...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item563f4697ff

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Here is a method to drop the front at a good price (at least I think), but it looks as if it will require some mechanical knowledge--at least if it requires for you to have to bleed the oil in the folks:dontknow:. Good luck with the project:bigthumbsup:.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROG...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item563f4697ff
Oldest trick in the book is to alter the ride height by changing or heating up ( softening ) the springs .... you have some trade offs by doing this however in ride quality and handling .... an option would be to take your stock springs into a spring shop and have them re-tempered.

Best bet IMHO is a new triple tree with a 11 degree rake or so ... We would need to get a group buy of some sort to make it work as they are very expensive .... New triple tree's might have to be my new CNC project this winter ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts