M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear way too many complaints/issues concerning Air Ride, whether it be Kewl Metal or Arnott...leaks, having to adjust constantly, etc.

What's the lowest lowering bone you can buy/install? And can you show a pic of how low it looks when installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I think you are combining complaints on the Arnott leaks as that is the only real issue, which is bound to happen with an air compressor on a bike.

Bones have their own problems though.

Anywho, 3" are the lowest bones I have seen.

Having had 2", 3" and air ride, if I could not have the air ride, I would take the 2" bones. The 3" had the pipes dragging on every right hand turn and bottomed out more than once.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Agree totally with SR, however, if I had it to do over again I would spend the extra to get the adjustable lowering bones. I have 2 1/4" and love it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree totally with SR, however, if I had it to do over again I would spend the extra to get the adjustable lowering bones. I have 2 1/4" and love it.
Yeah, I am considering the adjustables from Raw Designs. Not sure if anyone else makes them...

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
The 2" Yana Shiki bones work great and actually lower it between 2.25" and 2.5", depending on how you set your shock. Mine has the chrome fender strut just covering the lip of the rim if you kneel down and view it straight on from the side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts