M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on lowering my bike 2 inches. The lowering kit I purchased is from "Yana Shika" (I think I spelled that correctly). My concern is that the package states:" For show room use only, Not for highway use". Did I buy the wrong thing? Also, these bones are aluminum and do not have spacers like the original set. The kit will be metal on metal. Should I be concerned? What are you guys using to lower your bikes?:dontknow::'(

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You have the right thing.

The 'show use only' warning is a disclaimer that attempts to remove liability from them if you claim you wreck because of their product.

Just grease the holes. There is not all that much movement required and it will be fine.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
you got the right bones that is how they come not sure about the bones you got some require you to reuse the stock bushings just make sure you grease them up good on re assembly and you 2" bones my lower your 9 a bit more than 2" that seem to be the case anyway like 2 1/4 and sometimes 2 1/2

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I am planning on lowering my bike 2 inches. The lowering kit I purchased is from "Yana Shika" (I think I spelled that correctly). My concern is that the package states:" For show room use only, Not for highway use". Did I buy the wrong thing? Also, these bones are aluminum and do not have spacers like the original set. The kit will be metal on metal. Should I be concerned? What are you guys using to lower your bikes?:dontknow::'(
Good question. I just bought a pair the other day. I'm waiting for them to come in the mail. I'll probably install them next week. Let me know how you make out with your install (level of difficulty).

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
it is the easyest if you have axcess to air tools but not a needed just makes it a bit easyer Good luck Bro!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Good question. I just bought a pair the other day. I'm waiting for them to come in the mail. I'll probably install them next week. Let me know how you make out with your install (level of difficulty).
If you want a hand, we can do it at my place.

I went from stock to 2" to 3" back to stock for the air ride, so I think I can call it an easy project.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Just remember to NOT overthighten the bolts to squeeze
your bones in there , some members have put very thin
washers on each side of new bones ( or one side ) to make
sure the outer parts that the bones are bolted thru don't bend
( let's call them brackets...), in case
you want to put back original bones later ,and find out you
bended the brackets and can no longer slide originals in
between the brackets legs ,
there are some other threads on this in search engine.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've got the the same ones. Did like Square Rounder said. Slapped some grease in there. I did mine with hand tools. Wasn't bad at all. Less than an hour start to finish.
I would recomend that if your roads are kinda rough and plan on riding doubles. Stiffen your shock by atleast one. There have been times that I have bottomed out. (having my streble horn between the battery box and swing arm doesn't help with that)

I've got atleast 1K on the bones. Rides like stock. Just lower :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
just did mine. no problems at all! same concern previously but after reading another threads I realize that some members have'em for a long time and no problems were reported.
Bike looks mean!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
be sure and take your dremmel tool and cut the tips off of all the bolts under the rear fender. Otherwise you will have a wonderful "gash" in the rear tire when the bottom out the rear for any reason.

Lesson learned the hard way by me.

cheers... the lowered look rocks!

I dropped mine 2.25 inches....wished i would have done it the day i brought her home

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
An other member here did not use the dremmel
he found the top of the bolt and removed them and put
washers under head so that bolts would not stick out
under the fender , for those with no dremmel this
is genius.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
bonz

the ones I make just use bronze bushings however you can also press in the needle bearings from the stock bones if prefered.

..just grease up the bronze and you are good to go ... the bearings are special manufacture for Suzuki .... none of the many bearing companies I deal with could find a replacement.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the info. I decided to go with the Yani Shika brand; lowered her 2'' and lovin' it. Thanks again to all of you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts