M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did some of you had problems with lowering bones ? Some of them are made with aircraft aluminum,really better with that ? Yana Shiki and Baron lowering link look more OEM than the Cycle house, what do you think ?? ??? He's there a big difference ( feeling, curve, etc ) between 1.5" and 2" drop ??

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I've never heard of a problem with any of them wearing or breaking, other than the adjustable bones. Some use a bushing and some don't but it doesn't seem to affect the wear.

And these are large no matter who makes them. They are under compression so there is not a lot to break.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I use the Cycle house, Easy install and no probs so far, Just make sure ya grease them up good when putting the bolts back in...

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's just a hunk of ALuminum with a couple of needle bearings or bushings. As long as the geometry is good they will work just fine. All listed are tried and true. You can't even see them so who cares what they look like?;)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just a hunk of ALuminum with a couple of needle bearings or bushings. As long as the geometry is good they will work just fine. All listed are tried and true. You can't even see them so who cares what they look like?;)
I was talking about the OEM "look" for quality not bling ... ;)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I was talking about the OEM "look" for quality not bling ... ;)
That is just it.

The OEM look is bling.

As little movement as there really is at each end of the bones, there is really little need for the bearings on the original part.

Look to the shock eye that connects to the same knuckle that the bones do and you will see there are no bearings there. The shock rotates just as much on that knuckle as the bones do, but they put bearings in the bone but not the shock.

An argument could be made that the lack of bearings makes it higher quality as there are less parts to fail. Sometimes simpler is better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts