M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a c109r and is a little short. I was wondering if anyone has lowered one? Is it like the M? Where did you buy the links? thanks!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Have you tried a different seat.
Some of the aftermarket seats drop the height.
I wouldn't dare lower mine. I drag the boards too much right now and I have the preload jacked all the way up on the rear shock.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The C109r should lower the same as the M90... Try johnskits.com and if he doesn't have them already made he would prob cut you a real good deal to do some measurements for him....

Also a basic link to get a (NOT EXACT) idea of how it would be done...check this out...

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129105

Obviously the cosmetics will be different... but the swing arm and bones should be the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dad has a c109r and is a little short. I was wondering if anyone has lowered one? Is it like the M? Where did you buy the links? thanks!
I've been searching for lowering kits for my C for months but there is nothing available yet.....
I lowered mine an inch by reducing the rear shock centre distance between eye mounts by 6mm and reducing spring compression by 6mm and setting spring to No. 1 position. I took it for a run on the weekend with the missus and it was heaps better. I can flatfoot easily at stops and I even managed to scrape the pegs. But I would not lower it any more than the 1 inch. I want to have a couple of more rides before I show the photos of my mods. :doorag:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are the C109R links like the M109R or the M90? The M109R links are a lot different than the M90 links. They have spacers with bearings instead of the relatively simple flat type like the M90 or C90.

John (JohnsKits)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rear shock mod

A member in Sweden lowered his "C" by modifying the rear shocks eye nut and making it shorter see this thread the see my post #21

and this pic

go to the thread and the pic will enlarge

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are the C109R links like the M109R or the M90? The M109R links are a lot different than the M90 links. They have spacers with bearings instead of the relatively simple flat type like the M90 or C90.

John (JohnsKits)
I am not 100% on this... but i am pretty sure the C109 has the same style swing arm as the M90 and not the same set up as the M109R... i could be thinking of the C90 though... could someone with a C109 verify what type of swing arm you have?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Have you tried a different seat.
Some of the aftermarket seats drop the height.
I wouldn't dare lower mine. I drag the boards too much right now and I have the preload jacked all the way up on the rear shock.
i am gonna have to agree an aftermarket seat might be a better bet, unless the bike is gonna be strictly for "cruising" and not hitting twisties or even enjoying highspeed runs at sweepers .

i am just under 2K on my C/RT so i am just really getting a feel for it and todays ride with a boat load of corners posted with advised speeds of between 15-35 MPH and some 10's thrown in saw plenty of time getting use outta the floorboard feelers

--there is usually a suzuki gel seat stated to be 1.5" lower then stock on EBAY for 250ish if i recall correctly

·
Registered
623 Posts
Scootworks in NC are fabing me a set and there are not the same as the M109
:agree:The bones for the C and the M are different! M bones won't work.
Fabbing would be the only way to lower if doing it by bones.

Being 5'8 my feet just touch with a 30 inch inseam. I can flat foot on one side and stand on the balls of my feet with the other. I've changed to the Mustang seat and it has helped a little but not that much. Now with all that said lowing will only cause more problems, your dad has to have hit the right side floorboard just by making a sharp right hand turn from a stop. I seem to hit that even if I'm going slow and I make the turn to sharp. The C streers completely different then my M95 but once you start to get use to the C it then becomes hard to ride a smaller bike, well it does for me anyways.

I know I haven't been much help but tell him to try a pair of riding boots with a little taller heel, that could be all that's needed.
Good luck.

Terry

·
Registered
215 Posts
I too have clipped my right floorboard feeler on slow right hand turns, several times near my house...still suprises me every time I do it. If it were lower, I'd be dragging on way too many corners for my comfort.

I'm 6' weigh in at about 230, I can flatfoot the bike, but extended stays there are uncomfortable as the edges of the seat are hard. Prolly get an aftermarket seat to clear that up, it's on the master list... ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I too have clipped my right floorboard feeler on slow right hand turns, several times near my house...still suprises me every time I do it. If it were lower, I'd be dragging on way too many corners for my comfort.

I'm 6' weigh in at about 230, I can flatfoot the bike, but extended stays there are uncomfortable as the edges of the seat are hard. Prolly get an aftermarket seat to clear that up, it's on the master list... ;)
I haven't scrapped my floorboards yet. Not many roads around here with that much lean needed. I sit flat footed with my knees bent on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts