M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Our riding season here in Northeastern Ohio (Cleveland), is slowly but surely coming to a close. With that in mind the wheels are already turning when it comes to my next few mods. The one mod in particular is the lowering bones, I am thinking of dropping my 9 no more than 2 inches.

The question I have is for those how have lowered their 9's how much of difference in the ride and handling did you see? Also if you have pics that would be great too. Thanks!

REMEMBER ENJOY THE RIDE!!! 8)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Greetings,

Our riding season here in Northeastern Ohio (Cleveland), is slowly but surely coming to a close. With that in mind the wheels are already turning when it comes to my next few mods. The one mod in particular is the lowering bones, I am thinking of dropping my 9 no more than 2 inches.

The question I have is for those how have lowered their 9's how much of difference in the ride and handling did you see? Also if you have pics that would be great too. Thanks!

REMEMBER ENJOY THE RIDE!!! 8)
I have mine dropped 1.5" love it. I thought about 2" however wouldlnt really be able to go 2 up since im not a lil guy. as far as handling, handles great. I know that to me it seems to feel lighter, maybe with the lower center of gravity.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

You just can't beat the "sick" look of the bike lowered! The bike becomes a little stiff but our roads are great so I did not care! I'm 240lbs, my wife 130lbs and the only problem I have is with the Cobra highway bars. They drag before the pegs (lower bracket). It could be dangerous if you are cornering fast bc they won't give like the pegs. It will become a pivot point if you're not paying attention. The OEM highway bars do not cause this problem. I go easy on corners since the bike is already close to the floor. My friends tell me that I'm a hair line from touching the exhausts on the ground as well but I never did.
Go for it! :bigthumbsup: She is 2" lowered.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Being a bit short legged, one of the first mods I had done was a 2.25" set of lowering links. I have very narrow chicken strips so I still ride aggressively. The ride is still better then every bike I have ever owned except maybe a 900 BMW and it is very comfortable at stop lights....looks pretty cool too :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
2" lowered

A great look and I love the ride....... I put a polished SS driveshaft cover on yesterday, no pic yet, Cycle barn made me a deal I couldn't refuse. LOL

Edit, new pic with DS cover and back seat removed, ARGGGGGGGG only if I need to on the seat. And off to Tacoma to meet some fellow 9ers. 35 right now, should be a brisk ride lol

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You can't beat the look of it. I only ride solo. Some of the streets here will cause me bottom out sometimes. I left my shock at the stock setting, No problems here. Go for it:bigthumbsup:

Check the pics on my profile.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If I remember rt.Zoom post in the past that 2" yana links drop your pegs 5/8 to 3/4 of a inch. but the 2" yana links are more like a 2 1/2 drop.

The wife's 109 2" yana links

And mine has the cycle house 2 1/4 links

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
2" Yana Shiki bones, which lower it closer to 2.5". The bottom of the chrome rear fender strut sits slightly lower than the top of the rim.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

That's with the Yana Shiki 2" bones, which actually seem to lower the bike more like 2-1/2".

·
Registered
123 Posts
2" lower. Like the ride but I scrape the std exhaust and pegs a little more than I would like. At least it has slowed me down a little.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 39 Posts