M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowered the bike a while ago, just changed the oil, check the stick for all the different levels, thought I had it right in the middle.
Now I'm gettin the "puke" out the left side.
So my questions is "if you lower the bike does that change the level on the dip stick?" I think it should move more oil to the back of the crank case and show less oil on the stick.
I could use some help, cause I hate the puke issue.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Well, I am lowered 2" and never had that problem. Lowered about 4 others and never heard of anything from them. Did you drain from both drain plugs? Did you do the 15/3 run/set time?

·
Registered
106 Posts
lowering

Well if its still letting oil out the leftyou prob still have to muh oil let the bike set level and check it and see :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drained the oil from the plug closest to to the kick stand, as the bike was on the stand during the drain.
Should I have drained from both plugs?
So, your also saying that lowering the bike has no issues with dipstick mark?
Let me know, I'll go back out and put oil back to the middle instead of the lowest cross mark.
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K, I'm off to clean out the air filter, do the 15/3, adjust the oil accodingly, and I'll report back.
Thank you for the help!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
first i do 15/3 then i drained from both then i measure it 2days ago it said 3.6 litres

so i put back 3.6 litres been out today no probs ill remeasure another day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts