M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons to installing a lowering kit? Is it a good idea or will it change the ride dramaticly

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
There are different levels of drop. I started out with 1.5'' bones and went to 2.75'' The 2 and 2.5 inch bones are popular with alot of guys since you won't scrape pegs as easily. Pros are that it looks so much better the lower it is, cons the rear shock might need to be stiffened up to keep from bottoming out. But for $80 it is a big difference in the looks dept.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lowering kit

Can the average person install this or is a proffesional tech needed? And thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
if you have hand tools and are mechanical you should be able to do this no problem.

but if it were me id just get air ride. best of both worlds. and you get the loud pppsssssssttttt when you park some were. its pretty cool the looks you get.
but that is just my $0.02:bigthumbsup:

oh and there is a great write up in the tech section on installing bones.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
if you have hand tools and are mechanical you should be able to do this no problem.

but if it were me id just get air ride. best of both worlds. and you get the loud pppsssssssttttt when you park some were. its pretty cool the looks you get.
but that is just my $0.02:bigthumbsup:

oh and there is a great write up in the tech section on installing bones.
:agree::agree:

If you ride the twisties often and like to ride them hard, then do not lower your bike. You will be scrapping more then your pegs. :eek: To me, it is more of a looks factor then anything. But the guys with shorter legs do them to make the bike more manageable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts