M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LOWERING my handle bars would give me a extra bend at the lower back That I need. I found out I have a pinch nerve in my disk 5-6. If I can some how get more of a bend .NOT A SPORTS BIKE BEND.lol Just a little more then what I have. ANY one know were I can get this with out a mess to move thing around.

I dont want to really get all new cables and stuff.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Losen the 4 bolts on the risers, turn the bars down a little. Be careful that you don't lower so far, that they will hit your tank when turned completely. This should only take you a few minutes... It's not hard, and you don't have to change anything except adjust your mirrors, and your brake/clutch levers a little.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I was thinking aBOUT that

tHANKS GIVE HER A TRY. iF iTS JUST A LITTLE better then nothing.
I really didnt want a big mess with new longer cables and all.
ILL give it a try. Tnx

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Remember, if you were to go to -1 inch risers, you would not need new cables. Only if you went to +2, or +3 risers. Be careful taking those little chrome caps off. Use a small screwdriver, but be careful when prying them off. You can chip the chrome, or they will go flying into a dark crevise in your garage, and you'll never find them! The bolts under are a large allen bolt. Loosen them up pretty good, but removing them completely, is NOT necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just did the same thing only raised the bars. Buggered up one of the chrome caps. New ones cost $2. each at the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts