M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the bike dropped in the back end. I had the 2" bones put on yesterday and the wife and I rode it home. It is a big difference in the position but it is actually better on my back. I did notice that the stock bones had a bearing system in one end of them and my new ones do not. I hope you guys have had good luck with the ones like I have on there now. If there is something I need to watch please let me know. Next is going to be the Kury Swingwing Pegs. This damn thing is going to be more valuable than my house.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lower bones

What lower bones did you buy? Have you had any problems yet? I have 2in yana shiki,have not put them on yet.I have heard no bearings or bushing will fit in them. Just greese bolts & install.^-^

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the 2" bones, you are right, just grease them and you will be fine. It won't take long for the bling total to pass the purchase total..........good luck dealing with the mod bug. Hope you have a strong marriage.....:a20:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I've had the bones with no bearings on for close to 3 years and no problem with wear. Just grease the holes in them and the faces where they meet something and they work fine. The bones move very little.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Lookin good Rebull! I hear ya, mods are not cheap! --wife just scratches her head, then says you are NOT selling this one!! --yes dear :D
torque specs? -armstrong tight?! use any lock tight anywhere?
My Yana's will be arriving next week :D ...plus I just ordered risers, pegs and grips today :drool: -spendy but should be worth it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lowered mine last winter...love the ride height! Amazing the difference 2" can make <- Insert sexual joke here.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
torque specs? -armstrong tight?! use any lock tight anywhere?
The torque specs are in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page.
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1244544&postcount=2

And here's a picture of what you are removing and installing. If the bones you are installing don't use the stock bearing and/or spacer, I would back the torque down on the lower end of the bones (where it says Frame in the picture) to maybe 50-55 ft/lbs and locktite the nuts. Bones without spacers will let the box collapse when it is torqued and it's hard to get them back out or the old ones back in if you ever change them.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Im still undecided as to 2 inch or inch and a half. Wife and I are probably around 350 lbs together. Will the 2 inch be too low?
That's about what the wife and I weigh together and my 2" bones worked fine with us. I even left the shock on the stock #4 setting. And my Yana Shiki bones lower it more than 2".

Mine bottomed lightly twice. Once at the end of a road that was being paved and the new pavement just stopped, leaving a drop of at least 4". Another was a dip in the road that was long and deep enough to let the suspension collapse fully.

It doesn't hurt them if they bottom like that as long as you grind the bolts down under the fender that are right over the tire, or remove and shorten them. It just makes a little grunch noise and you keep going. If you don't shorten the bolts it will gouge the tire.

Honestly, the ones I've seen with the 1.5" bones I could hardly tell they were lowered. With the Yana Shiki 2" you can tell it. Look at my sig pics, that's with the 2" bones.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The torque specs are in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page.
Thanks Z. Awesome reading :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: ....guess I shoulda seen that sticky, Hey there goes a bunny rabbit!! :doh: .......please pardon my ADHD ;)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
If I install ys 2 in lowering bones do I need a shorter kick stand?
Mine has an aftermarket kick stand, but it's the same length as stock. You can see in my sig pics that it still has plenty of lean with the Yana Shiki bones on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts