M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I changed my sparkplugs, fuelpump filter, and put a Barnett clutch cable on. Now when I crank on the throttle I am getting high RPM but not that pull you out of your seat torque like I used to get. I have adjusted the clutch and have plenty of slack in the lever 10-15mm. I gapped the plugs. Also, when I pulled the fuelpump out of the tank, there was a green wire that was not connected to anything and I did not see any place to connect it. Does anyone know what that goes to ? I have a FI 2000. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Alright, I changed my sparkplugs, fuelpump filter, and put a Barnett clutch cable on. Now when I crank on the throttle I am getting high RPM but not that pull you out of your seat torque like I used to get. I have adjusted the clutch and have plenty of slack in the lever 10-15mm. I gapped the plugs. Also, when I pulled the fuelpump out of the tank, there was a green wire that was not connected to anything and I did not see any place to connect it. Does anyone know what that goes to ? I have a FI 2000. Any ideas on what it could be?
green wire is a ground, Funny the fuel pump works without it hooked up, And what are you fi2000 setting now? 1,3,2 is shipped settings. If you did intake and exhaust try 2,4,3 and see what ya get, Every time i did any intake, exhaust mod I had to bump it up another notch..

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Double check the Clutch adj, a slightly applied cable will cause a loss of Pull on acceleration , other than that double check the Injector connectors
the Green wire (From the Pump assembly) connects to the Tank ,look at the Upper edge, inside the Tank near the Filler housing

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Where was the green wire at, inside the tank, outside the tank, hanging off the battery?

Make sure you have the center plug terminals plugged back on firmly too. They fit tight with the o-rings around them, but they click on when they connect. I put a little silicone grease around the o-rings to make it easier to install them.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Just look for it's connector and connect it. It should not be to far from the one that you see.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, the green wire is the fuel quantity wire. It connects to a white connector on the fuel pump itself. Also I resolved the low power output thing. The left rear sparkplug cap had all kinds of gunk or grease inside it. Took a Q-tip and cleaned both inside the cap and the plug off. Then got bold and adjusted my FI2000 setting from 1-2-1 to 1-3-3. Oh my God what a difference. Once again I have to HOLD ON when I open the beast up. Thank you so much for everybodys advice. Is it June yet!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts