M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here's the latest installment of pics of my bike. Let's see. It's debadged, deemblemed, designalized, debeavertailed and debaffled. It has lowering bones (Can't see it in the pic!). Lighting for the pics sucked, it was too late in the morning to take 'em but I did anyways. I hope you like and I expect feedback about the bike, not the pic quality. I know, it was too close to the building, the lighting is too bright, and I have a dirty mirror on the camera. All digital, no manipulation other than to resize.  :bigthumbsup:

Â

Let me hear it!!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
no turn signals, eh. not for me, i need to be seen. still the bike looks awsome cleaned up. how much did ya lower it, looks good?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good to me. But the signals had to stay on mine. The cagers in this area are like a large pack of mad dogs.

oldold

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your bike's lookin sharp toneout.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lowered 2 1/2" with JasonZ's lowering bones. Thanks. I may put turn signals on after I figure out what's happening with the seat/back rest issue. I plan on using the through bolts on the fender strut to mount the turn signals. That will also be where we have the mount the back rest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks badass....minus the time fighting the alignment issue how long does the entire process take? Can a normal person with hand tools do this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A normal person with hand tools can do it. I used a bike jack with straps, a floor jack (under rear wheel to lift it), 17mm & 19mm sockets and wrenches, 10mm socket, assorted extensions, a rubber mallett (to assist in loosening nuts). I don't remember what size the bolt and nut are for the shock. You also need bearing grease to lube everything up. The directions provided were comprehensive. My only problem was I did not lift the rear tire high enough. I did not think to use my floor jack and just used concrete pavers. After disconnecting the shock, just lift the rear tire all the way up into the fender. That way you have enough room to line everything up and still tuck the bones into the frame pockets.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I freakin' love it!!!!!

Looks great!!

Can't wait to do mine...someday...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Where is your shock tension set? Do you recommend stiffening it up to keep your cornering clearance in tact or what? How does it handle in the twisties?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts