M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to do my 600 mile service when I happened to look at my coolant resevoir and it was empty  :eek: !! WTF !! So off I go to the stealership for some anti-freeze @ 7.00 $ a quart
:bow: thats bending over not a bow!! I procede to pull off side covers/gas tank and try to get radiator shroud off but couldnt get that focker off. Finally gave up and found some 3/8 tubing and a real small funnel " found the funnel in the kitchen wife will never know its gone" That worked like a charm. The cap on the resevoir comes out easily its really just a rubber stopper. It only took 8 ounces to bring it back to full so I guess it wasnt that low but it scared me anyways. I get to change my oil tonight.. I cant wait to get on this thing and bounce off the rev. limiter a couple of times  :evil: . I have been keeping it under 5k so far. Tried to tighten the clamps on the water hoses between the jugs also but didnt have a small enough wrench. It seems these dont start leaking until you really get on the motor guess I will find out in the next couple of days  :D if so its an easy fix.. My coolant level was fine last week dont know why it dropped all of a sudden weather has been pretty hot lately though.. Just keep an eye on your coolant level bros!!   :doorag:    Be safe  Roy..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to get some small wrenches and then i will tighten hose clamp on right side. Dont know how you can get at the left one at all.. I didnt pull the left airbox off maybe there is room from that side??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Although I have not had problems with leaking coolant, I decided to check the hose clamps due to all the problems ya'll have had. Sure enough, I found 5 hose clamps that were loose and would eventually started leaking. Thanks everyone for the intel.

mania

·
Registered
750 Posts
I pulled my tank off and removed my airbox to gane access to the clamps. Found all under the airbox loose. I tightened them up and have not had any problem for over 2k miles... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used a wrench from a Sears ignition set that fit perfectly on the clamp on the right side. Unfortunately I believe that the clamps are defective as it would not get very tight. If it does leak I will take it back to the dealer to fix. Others have noted the poor quality of the small hose clamp.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Reaper,

After reading your post, I didn't really pay attention to the coolant reservoir. Last night I made some adjustments to the FI2000R ran the bike things turned out real well. Did a power run and lifted the front wheel when I hit second!!! I know I felt the bars move freely in my hands and a cager confirmed it.

Well anyway I parked the bike and I thought about your thread, I checked the coolant and mine was dry also. I don't have any leaks, filled it back up I'm going for a ride this evening and I'll recheck it again. Thanks for your thread.

C-One

1 - 7 of 7 Posts