M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my low beam needs to be adjusted as it seems that is does not shine forward enough. Basically the light ends about 30 from the headlight. Does anyone know how far the low beam should shine from the headlight? Is there any other ways to measure the adjustment? Like I said, mine only shines about 30ft. out which is not very far when you're doing 50mph down the road.

·
Registered
337 Posts
it needs adjustment!

I think my low beam needs to be adjusted as it seems that is does not shine forward enough. Basically the light ends about 30 from the headlight. Does anyone know how far the low beam should shine from the headlight? Is there any other ways to measure the adjustment? Like I said, mine only shines about 30ft. out which is not very far when you're doing 50mph down the road.
Mine was the same way when I bought it new. Once I lowered the rear of the bike 2 and then 3 inches, it fixed the problem. Actually I could use adjusting it the other way as it is like riding with brights on now. I have been told there is an adjustment bolt but I just lowered the back for a better look and killed 2 birds with one stone.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Mine was about the same also…
But I have a different reason and method…
I had to aim mine up because I needed to move my turn signal brackets upward so my bullets would sit in front of my forks.
So what I had to do is move the lower 'cage' mounts out from the tree. I added 2 or 3 washers per side to raise the cage, which aimed the headlight upwards, and also spaced my turn signal brackets enough to mount the bullets correctly.
Totally different reason and method, but my headlight was also aimed too low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts