M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know in the last few days there have been a lot of negative remarks regarding loud pipes, especially the Cobra dragsters. I just had some installed on my new bike and yes they are loud, I got mine for $300 so at this point I am ok with loud but loud is how you ride your horse, if you spur it every time you leave a light etc etc or if you just take it easy and roll on gently it makes a difference. As for bad publicity for bikers, well you get the same from drag racing, cutting lanes, excessive speed anywhere. We all need to be aware of where we are and what we are doing so as not to irritate to many non biking citizens. I for one am glad I live in the country less neighbors to complain about noise, in town I don't get on it very often. I will see If I can put some wrap around the baffles eventually just because I don't like the pitch the Cobras make. What irritates me is the cagers with the elephant size speakers and woofers that make my house and car vibrate to holly [email protected] even when they are a mile down the road. Guess if my neighbors don't like the pipes they sure don't like my dogs when I let them out at 5am and they sing for 5 minutes proclaining their territory (giant schnauzer X 7). To each their own, stay stock or go mod that is everyones personal decision but don't try to demean those who have something or think somethin other than your own. It would be a boring board and world if we all acted like clones. Sorry about the lecture just got a little tired of all the put downs.
PS I really feel sorry for all of you who live in the city and have to conform to the whims of everyone around you.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thank God=a breath of fresh air,and a little common sence. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Like I said earlier,it depends on how you set your pipes up. Mine are the dreaded Cobra Dragsters,and after turning the baffles around and wrapping them with glass,they are only loud when getting on it hard. I have friends that ride with me that say,my pipes aren't loud at all going down the highway,with them behind me. And some of them wear NO helmets,some wear helmets,and NONE wear ear plugs. I had a set of HK Side burners on my Mean Streak,until you have heard a set of them,you don't know what loud really is. I got rid of them after 2 days! I couldn't ride at idle without setting off car alarms. I'm 57years old,and I've rode since I was 10 years old. I still like a bike to sound like a bike with a deep tone,and a rumble. I also hate a car that sounds like a Electro-Lux vacuum cleaner,when you step on it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the sound of a decently loud and deep bike but I just got tired of it with my last bike (Mean Streak w/ V&H). I just decided to stay stock this time and so far have enjoyed it. It's all personal preference.

·
Registered
164 Posts
JMBJ said:
I like the sound of a decently loud and deep bike but I just got tired of it with my last bike (Mean Streak w/ V&H). I just decided to stay stock this time and so far have enjoyed it. It's all personal preference.
I agree, I wanted to experience a stock sound after loud pipes and these stockers sound pretty good.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm waiting on V&H Pipes,i just hope they are getting word of people Not being happy with the cobras being so loud and take it in to consideration when they make there 109 Pipes.I want a little tune Not Loud! a little more than stock Pipes :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :clap2: :a18: :2cool: :#1:

·
Registered
665 Posts
True,but my MP3 Player has a volume control on it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
dog man said:
What irritates me is the cagers with the elephant size speakers and woofers that make my house and car vibrate to holly [email protected] even when they are a mile down the road.
Hmmm. I guess you can see how others may feel about the loud pipes. I imagine that all the guys with their thousand dollar sound systems think it's their 'right' to blast their speakers as loud as they want, no matter what everybody else thinks. I have a punkass neighbor kid that drives down the road every night after midnight with his bass thumping loud enough to rattle windows. I curse him just like I would if I had a neighbor who rode down the street late at night with obnoxiously loud pipes. You see, it's all good until it affects you. What if you had a neighbor that worked odd hours and woke up your kids every night with his loud pipes blasting down your road?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I had dragsters put on before i ever even rode the bike pulled baffles as soon as I got home  :bigthumbsup:  I also have 600 watts of stereo in my truck but plan on upgrading in the next couple of weeks  :bigthumbsup:

I live in a country subdivision... I don't blast anyone .... I ease out till I get to the highway on the bike and I don't crank my tunes till I get to the highway also ... but I do like it loud  ;) when my kids were still at home they always enjoyed when Dad took them to school in his bad ass mustang with the 3" pipes and the bad ass stereo with the 12" subs ... of course some things never change my grand daughter is asking me every day when my new 4x4 is coming in so I can take her to school  :bigthumbsup:

khrome  :doorag:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts