M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Toronto Star's writers seems to think the latter.
Toronto Star
Mind you I'm of the mind it's my bike.
This from the owner of a set of Road Burner Velocity Pro's;)
--Mike

·
Registered
643 Posts
it may not matter much longer here in the states thanks to THE REPUBLIK OF KALIFORNIA

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
it may not matter much longer here in the states thanks to THE REPUBLIK OF KALIFORNIA
In my worst Arnie impression, CONCIDA THIS A DIVORAACE

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I love attention. That's why I ride the 9 with Roadhouse pipes. :doorag:
They may get annoyed by the loud pipes but once they lay those eyes the 9, its nothing but oohs and ahhss. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
In one of the response, the person that agreed with the writer says and I quote. "I can hear them 5 blocks away" the writer says that since the noise is exiting from either the side or rear the noise dosen't go forward. Really?

I couldn't tell you the number of times my wife and I hear bikes coming down the road 20 to 30 seconds before we see them. Does loud pipes safe lives?
Without question! Why do most riders use their high beam during the day?

I have an idea, just outlaw motorcycles and then we won't have this problem. Just kidding8)

P.S. The writer doesn't like bikes or bikers and what does the size of any body parts have to do with a motorcycle? Moron!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Great article when read through to the end. Makes a lot of sense and I hope people consider it.
I will consider it if the deer I come across daily will. until then Im going to keep warning them Im coming down the road and they better not invade my space or rights by jumping out in front of me or over me. same goes for thoes darn racoons they make a hell of a speed bump. and dont forget the crotch rockets that will pass you in your own lane. you never know it until it is almost too late had you shifted left allittle not nowing they were coming up it would be a mess. cant hear it from the front? are they smoking crack.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I HATE, HATERS!!!!!! ooh your motorcycle is too loud, blah blah blah! what about their yippy little damn dogs that im sure they have. im suretheir neighbors would like to shove hem into a potato gun and see how far they fly but alas they just let it be! people just need to relax and let oters do their own thing!!!! i am not hurting anyone with the noise my bike makes so keep your stupid ideas inside your peabrain head.

AAHHH!!! i feel better:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
my friend said long time ago, " I'd rather be annoying then dead"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Okay, you guys are right. Let's just keep saying "F-them" and keep ignoring the ground swell of complaints our neighbors are voicing against those of us who won't use a bit of common sense and self control in how we set up our bikes. How loud is too loud? If we just keep our head buried in the sand with some of the above attitudes "they" will decide for us without any cooperation from us.

As I've said before and history has proven over and over, a few bad apples will end up spoiling it for the rest of us.

And so you know - I'm not against aftermarket exhaust, here are some of my current stable:
M109 with V&H big shots
Hyabusa with Yosh pipes
Mustang GT with Flowmaster and X-pipe
Viper GTS with Billy Boats
G35 with Greddy cat-back

You see, I have a lot to lose if idiots keep pissing everyone off and they outlaw everything BUT stock exhaust.

I think the article makes a great point and I hope people consider it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Loud Pipes or Subwoofers?

You know, it seems like there is a prejudice against bikers. I am honestly bothered more by feeling (not hearing) someone's car thumping bass from the main drag. I seldom hear of them getting pulled over even though there is a noise ordinance. Should we start putting subs and amps on our bikes?

G

·
I think the world is in more danger from people yakin and textin on their cell phones than the small percentage of people who ride bikes...then the even smaller percentage of those who ride bikes that modify them....

I'd say the writer needs a letter to him that just says..."get real" and focus on "real" issues....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I love attention. That's why I ride the 9 with Roadhouse pipes. :doorag:
They may get annoyed by the loud pipes but once they lay those eyes the 9, its nothing but oohs and ahhss. :bigthumbsup:
:agree:,:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: for the roadhouse! They are bad:edit:!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think loud pipes are fine as long as some HD poser doesn't own them.....What really irritates me is that guy who revs up his bike at the bar or coffee shop or stop light like he is getting ready to take off as the flag drops...:edit::edit: as far as neibours go....? that's a tuff one...I really liked the article it was well written... over 98 DB at 4 feet I say ouch !

Flys your cars are BADASS...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts