M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was going out to eat with my brother in law. and at a light stopped the clutch in a really bad noise on the right side started? we take off going back home and the noise started everytime i shifted. im taking the right side apart today to see whats up. have been having clutch issues but this is new to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: loud grinding noise on right side???

Maybe you should have unchained the bike from the Hydrant, before you took off? :duck: :joke:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Dickschiff said:
Maybe you should have unchained the bike from the Hydrant, before you took off? :duck: :joke:
damn i knew i forgot something. note to self use weeker chain on hydrant. so it brakes instead of dragging hydrant.

·
Registered
974 Posts

Something in the rear brake caliper? might be loose or something not sure.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

well it has been in the shop since monday and i checked today and nothing havent even started on it....
no it is not the brake caliper. i wasnt moving when i heard the noise. bike was in nuetral. well the clutch was in. and driving down the road didnt really hear it. but it would come on when the clutch was grabbed. to change gears. or decilerate. well maybe tomorrow :dontknow:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: loud grinding noise on right side??? clutch bolt came loose

first off. we found out whtat the prob. is. and my clutch has been slipping.bad.
anyhoo. one of the clutch bolts came loose. and they are waiting on new clutch and cover to come in. five days out. so much for my ride tomorrow. should have asked them for a loner bike. :dontknow:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Re: loud grinding noise on right side??? clutch bolt came loose

turbohi said:
first off. we found out whtat the prob. is. and my clutch has been slipping.bad.
anyhoo. one of the clutch bolts came loose. and they are waiting on new clutch and cover to come in. five days out. so much for my ride tomorrow. should have asked them for a loner bike. :dontknow:
Bummer. Hope there were no shavings that went through the system. ::)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hope not. :edit: that would suck for them cause i would need a new motor huh? well i will check with them on tuesday and see what they did with the oil and maybe take a close look at it. thanks lamont for stating that i didnt even think about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts