M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......is my old paint. Resurrected from the dead. TJ really liked my paint set so after my bike was totaled we struck a deal. When i healed up last year and had knocked out a few other paint jobs that were waiting on me to recover, I set to work restoring the paint.
It was in remarkable condition considering the accident. A few pieces had to be completely replaced and repainted to match the old parts. The neck covers, the headlight and front fender were completely shattered in the wreck so those are all new.
There were some pretty good scratches in the tank, but luckily they did not make it through the many layers of clear coat. Just had to wet sand the scratches out and re clear that. the rear fender was cracked. Was able to glue that back together using some awesome super plastic glue that my guys out in the shop use on signs. Little sanding there and new clear and good as new. I dare say the new headlight looks even better than the original (it should, since i have another year or so of airbrush experience since the first time:D) and the clear came out really good so it's like new all again.

TJ asked me to post these pics he sent me since he's having some computer issues.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
WOW there is some serious thought and time and labor into that paint job. Very nice,,,,,,,,,,,,, When money flows again Joe, I look forward to some of that on my tail,,,,piece LOL

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Amazingly SICK!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for posting for me Joe! This paint is awesome and its the exact style i was trying to figure out before we even talked. I cant wait to get it in some shows next summer and show this thing off! I will keep your cards on me so i can help out your business. Thanks so much and your patience for my impatience was great! ha ha!

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
hes one lucky dude. i loved that paint well now i can still love it. slight sontructive criticism paint frotn fender too

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well if you can talk him into giving me a good deal on painting it i would go for it! lol!

hes one lucky dude. i loved that paint well now i can still love it. slight sontructive criticism paint frotn fender too

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blends with the radiator shroud better this way. The graphics are 90% on top of the bike. Wouldn't flow being that low on the bike.

BTW, looking for paint to do this winter so if anybody is thinking about paint, hit me up:bigthumbsup:

I have a full set of parts now so I can paint and trade out, so no down time

1 - 20 of 36 Posts