M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I messed up or the car was just really set up. I came up on him on a straightaway and could tell the car was set up. Huge tires, no visible exhaust(open headers?), centerline racing rims, LOUD, etc. I dropped into fourth and rolled up to him at 80. We both nailed it at the same time. I stayed with him in fourth, nailed my shift at 7400 and he pulled away from me at that point. I backed it down at about 125 - he had about 5 car lengths on meSTRANGE feeling........

Should I have downshifted to 3rd(at 80 my rpm's were about 5000 in 4th. thought I was in my power band)? Or should I expect to have my doors blown off from a worked hot rod in an 80 mph roll on? Or do I just suck at motorcycling after 20 years of riding?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - I have the JSD - 3M (although it wouldn't have mattered - I was in 4th) and I have a half tank of 100 octane cam2 gas in it.....so annoyed....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey MC57 - I love your rear directionals - they look awesome! Who makes them? What about your plate holder? Where did you get that? How hard is it to install the whole thing? Does the old assembly come out easy? Sorry about the barrage of questions, I just really love your setup.... Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You must Suck after 20 years of riding :D :joke: Other wise you would have the answers to your own question at this Point in Life :D :bigthumbsup: Later silentrider

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Shifting down to 3rd gear at 80 MPH might have made things on your end very interesting real quickly.... If it didn't, you would be so high in your RPMs you would have had to immediately shift back to 4th.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Medic1210 said:
Shifting down to 3rd gear at 80 MPH might have made things on your end very interesting real quickly.... If it didn't, you would be so high in your RPMs you would have had to immediately shift back to 4th.
That's what I thought. Thanks Medic - the guy must have had a very trick ponycar....

G

·
First thing I would do is kill that tank of gas because it is not helping you it is acutally making your cylinders smaller essentially, unless you are experiencing knock. Here is a link to some ifno on the untruth! http://www.bajajusa.com/High Octane.htm Run the lowest octane you can without knock. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

The 80 roll on is tuff you are really between gears there to catch the power, at 4500 and get the jump. 60 is a better roll on in 3rd then you get the jump.

TAZ

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ya Win some U lose some :( You know how to roll on the next time though :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
raw_taz said:
First thing I would do is kill that tank of gas because it is not helping you it is acutally making your cylinders smaller essentially, unless you are experiencing knock. Here is a link to some ifno on the untruth! http://www.bajajusa.com/High Octane.htm Run the lowest octane you can without knock. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

The 80 roll on is tuff you are really between gears there to catch the power, at 4500 and get the jump. 60 is a better roll on in 3rd then you get the jump.

TAZ
Thanks Taz - You're right - this is my second tank of cam 2 and I don't really feel a difference. Gonna use it up and forget it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I agree with Medic :bigthumbsup: I shifted down to 3rd the other day at around 60 mph and i ran out so fast that it wasn't worth the effort ,i should have just dropped down to 4th and gunned it,But i'm still learning myself about what this bike will do at certain Speeds!
It's a blast I know that,and since i put on the JSD this cat will get it QUICK :bigthumbsup:
It's a totaly different ride than before the JSD :bigthumbsup: I love it,You'll get him next time and he will wonder what Happen :D :bigthumbsup: Later silent rider

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
sounds like the stang was built pretty well. was probably an 11 second (or better) car. no shame in that game.

·
Registered
292 Posts
v65 to m109 said:
Hey MC57 - I love your rear directionals - they look awesome! Who makes them? What about your plate holder? Where did you get that? How hard is it to install the whole thing? Does the old assembly come out easy? Sorry about the barrage of questions, I just really love your setup.... Thanks,
-Mike
All those mods, With the exception of the Ultraflow Air Kit, and Lowering bones , I got from Directline parts. You can find directions for the plate mod on the ( how to section ) , Or do a search on the subject :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MC57 said:
All those mods, With the exception of the Ultraflow Air Kit, and Lowering bones , I got from Directline parts. You can find directions for the plate mod on the ( how to section ) , Or do a search on the subject :D
Thanks!
phaed said:
sounds like the stang was built pretty well. was probably an 11 second (or better) car. no shame in that game.
Probably. The car was Quick...
silentrider said:
I agree with Medic :bigthumbsup: I shifted down to 3rd the other day at around 60 mph and i ran out so fast that it wasn't worth the effort ,i should have just dropped down to 4th and gunned it,But i'm still learning myself about what this bike will do at certain Speeds!
It's a blast I know that,and since i put on the JSD this cat will get it QUICK :bigthumbsup:
It's a totaly different ride than before the JSD :bigthumbsup: I love it,You'll get him next time and he will wonder what Happen :D :bigthumbsup: Later silent rider
JSD 3M makes a HUGE difference!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I Bet he had a little NOS under the seat :bigthumbsup: if he had all the other goodies you Mentioned :doorag:

He's Probably a "To Fast To Furious" Nut ! I Love that Movie :bigthumbsup: Later Silentrider

·
Registered
516 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Ditto +1 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
He could have been geared better for 80mph and up than you. Besides, the 9 seems best from 0 to 80, not from 80 to max speed. It also sounds like he had that thing tricked out for racing pretty good.

I thought I was going to have me one today as well with a 396 camaro - looked to be about a 1969 but I'm not sure. We were on a 4 lane divided hwy and he came blowing by me, then slowed down till I almost caught up with him then he gunned it again and ran out about 200 yards ahead of me. When he started slowing down again, I thought well dang, I've got a good run here and I was going to take him up on his challenge. Only just about the time I was pulling up to him again he suddendly turned off to the right. I had to figure he didn't want any part of me since he turned off. ;~)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"He could have been geared better for 80mph and up than you. Besides, the 9 seems best from 0 to 80, not from 80 to max speed. It also sounds like he had that thing tricked out for racing pretty good."

Good point Jazzman.

"I thought I was going to have me one today as well with a 396 camaro - looked to be about a 1969 but I'm not sure. We were on a 4 lane divided hwy and he came blowing by me, then slowed down till I almost caught up with him then he gunned it again and ran out about 200 yards ahead of me. When he started slowing down again, I thought well dang, I've got a good run here and I was going to take him up on his challenge. Only just about the time I was pulling up to him again he suddendly turned off to the right. I had to figure he didn't want any part of me since he turned off. ;~)"

Dontcha hate that?

·
Registered
728 Posts
There are a half a dozen street cars here in Minnesota that make 1000+hp to the wheels running low 9's in street trim and at first or second glance you wouldn't think they would be a challange.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Good try, you cant expect to win them all, plus, his car probably fell off the stand later that night.
Just checked and mine is still upright. :D

Sledzep

1 - 20 of 29 Posts