M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got my 07 yesterday and put about 60 miles on it(would have been more, but i had a date).....Well i thought that something had hit my left foot while I was riding..Felt like a pebble...Turns out it was the bolt that holds the front left turn signal in...Any advice on a replacement or at least a temp one till I can get to the dealer next week?....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Take the right one off and go to the local hardware store and match it up. Just try to make it stainless steel so that it won't rust. Skip the dealer unless you want to drop it off and leave it and not be able to ride, all for a nut you can replace yourself.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny thing is, the other 1 is so tight I cant get it to budge...Found a temp one till I go to the dealer....Gotta go have them clean out the oil that is coming out of the left side..not much but some...

·
Registered
243 Posts
mrfart said:
Funny thing is, the other 1 is so tight IÂ cant get it to budge...Found a temp one till I go to the dealer....Gotta go have them clean out the oil that is coming out of the left side..not much but some...
So they are over filling the 07s now too at the dealer... You think they would have learned with the 06s... :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rode to the dealer today...They put in a proper fitting temp bolt..Had to order the right one...They changed the oil for me at 200 miles(no charge of course) and cleaned out the air boxes...Seems ok now...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i've lost a bolt as well. during an inspection of my bike, i noticed that 1 of the 2 bolts holding the exhaust on to the rear had dissappeared. it's not a critical bolt, but something ya might wanna check to keep you from having to replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts