M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this. It happened twice last night when I was twisting the grip pretty hard. The bike just nosed over at 5000 rpm. No warning lights or anything it just falls over then comes back. I am stumped as I checked things out and can't find anything abnormal besides the rider. Help :eek:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Has anyone else experienced this. It happened twice last night when I was twisting the grip pretty hard. The bike just nosed over at 5000 rpm. No warning lights or anything it just falls over then comes back. I am stumped as I checked things out and can't find anything abnormal besides the rider. Help :eek:
Yea mine has done it acouple of times, I just back out of it and get right back in it and it will pull like usual.........................when it does it I usual bitch at ECM for not letting me do what I want to do :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Are you using 91 or higher octane?  I presume this engine has a knock sensor and if it does the ECU will retard the timing when it senses pre ignition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happens with mine too between 5-6K rpm, only when I crack the throttle though. My bike was originally overfilled with oil from the dealer and they told me that Suzuki informed them that it was a symptom of the overfill...oil getting sprayed in the airbox/cleaner. However, since having the overfill issue addressed, it has continued to happen intermittently. I just got my JSD-3M and hope that it cures the problem...otherwise going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I don't know a lot about the mechanics of the 109 but it sounds a little like a weak Electric fuel pump or bad  fuel regulator (If it has one) or a clogged fuel filter or a fuel vent that is plugged??? :dontknow: :doorag:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds like mine,maybe a fuel pump dealer is still not sure.Dose it run fine until you ride for an hour or so or dose it happen at start of rides?Mine would run great for about an hour then start
to sputter.

·
Registered
721 Posts
After drilling the exaust..... Mine did it once today.
Though I was hitting it VERY hard and I may have hit a rev limit... not sure of the RPM's when it happened.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I t didnt' start till after the first service but it was after the bike had been sitting a week or so. It didn't happen imediately after the service just when I rode it hard Sat. night :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Do you have a JSD installed?? My update to the product shows a sudden drop at 5500 when I engage the switch... But nothing when it's turned off.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2901.0

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have never once experienced this problem and am running a JSD-3M. Throttle response is terrific through all gears!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts