M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share what I learned today in case anyone else is experiencing similar problems...

My situation first started when installing my Fi2000R a few months ago because I had to remove the fuel tank. Through the process I incidentally pulled out a wire from the wire harness next to the fuel line before unclipping the harness. I popped the wire back in and my bike started and worked fine ... or so I thought.

Since, my bike would sometimes not start on the first try. Also, my bike would frequently sputter on decel and sometimes "chug" when rolling over small bumps in the road with a consistent throttle. Lastly, I noticed when turning off the engine, I would occasionally not hear the typical distinct last-sound of whatever it is that makes that sound (hard to type a sound).

Anyway, I had it in the back of my mind the wire came loose under my tank. Today, I took my tank off (attempting to resolve the annoying chirping noise) and noticed the wire was in fact loose. So, with the help of a dab of superglue around the wire, I securely popped it back into place.

My bike started without hesitation on the first attempt. Also, the ride to work today was noticeably smoother while riding down the poorly-paved county road. Basically, all the symptoms I experienced are resolved for now. I hope it stays this way!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Great, glad to hear you fixed the problem.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Thanks for posting about this. More than a few have found a loose wire under there to be causing running problems.

That sound you hear when it shuts down is the bellows closing for the secondary throttle valves.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Zoom, is there anything about the 9 you don't know? Just wondering if we should start a game and call it, "Stump Zoom" :joke:

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Been there , done that , towing $350.00
try the bike while up on towing, no go ,
towing leans the platform , this moves my gaz tank back
just a little , little enough for wire to make contact again
bike starts right away , $350.00 for nothing..:mad:
Yes Yellow wire going in connector , going out into a red wire
Bike cranks forever but does not start.???
I used a magnifying glass to look inside the connector
to make sure the terminal ""clicked "" in there ,before
I reunited both parts.
IF you push it in its proper place ,but upside down
the wire will not lock in place inside connector and
will come out again later , you have to hear it click

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been there , done that , towing $350.00
try the bike while up on towing, no go ,
towing leans the platform , this moves my gaz tank back
just a little , little enough for wire to make contact again
bike starts right away , $350.00 for nothing..:mad:
Yes Yellow wire going in connector , going out into a red wire
Bike cranks forever but does not start.???
I used a magnifying glass to look inside the connector
to make sure the terminal ""clicked "" in there ,before
I reunited both parts.
IF you push it in its proper place ,but upside down
the wire will not lock in place inside connector and
will come out again later , you have to hear it click
Yep, that's the wire... I think the yellow wire took the short bus. Anyway, good pictures, that's exactly the problem I had!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ok Zoom, is there anything about the 9 you don't know? Just wondering if we should start a game and call it, "Stump Zoom" :joke:

Thanks for the info!
Hey! without guys like Zoom around all of us would be walking these nines around instead of riding them. Hail to all with the knowledge.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts

Thanks for the info!
Now you don't really think at my age that I can remember all that stuff, do you? :D

A service manual and a lot of saved notes my friend. And a little experience, and a lot of reading. And a little searching. Now I'm confused on what I was saying..... :dontknow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts