IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

What is it for ?

Can I attach it so it won’t stick out ?

Best regards,

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Man, that's way longer than mine was when new. Just cut it and move on. Maybe just leave one inch hanging down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you for teaching me, I’ll cut it a little so it won’t be noticeable !

·
Registered
5,553 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First and foremost, your bike is BEAUTIFUL Bro. :)(y):) As for that hose, it is necessary, and should not be removed or attached to anything else. It is an overflow/drainage hose.
Thanks, I must admit I fell in love with the colors. It gives it a vintage look, I’m waiting on my vstream windshield and my knight rider led kit 😁

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Thanks, I must admit I fell in love with the colors. It gives it a vintage look, I’m waiting on my vstream windshield and my knight rider led kit 😁
That's certainly going to add some flavor to the overall appeal of your bike Bro. :):):)(y)(y)(y):):):)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Actually it's more of a breather hose than anything else. When fluid enters the bottle from the radiator when hot, air has to be displaced to allow room for the fluid. And vice-versa, when the motor is cooling and the radiator is sucking the fluid back into itself, air has to be able to return to replace the fluid. It only acts as an overflow in the event something is wrong. Or you inadvertently overfill it. I have never, in all my years, (60 years old soon), had any fluid come out of one of those hoses.

Truthfully, who here would want a bunch of fluid coming out of that hose in front of the rear tire, while leaned over in a corner? Not me, I can tell you that much.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Actually it's more of a breather hose than anything else. When fluid enters the bottle from the radiator when hot, air has to be displaced to allow room for the fluid. And vice-versa, when the motor is cooling and the radiator is sucking the fluid back into itself, air has to be able to return to replace the fluid. It only acts as an overflow in the event something is wrong. Or you inadvertently overfill it. I have never, in all my years, (60 years old soon), had any fluid come out of one of those hoses.

Truthfully, who here would want a bunch of fluid coming out of that hose in front of the rear tire, while leaned over in a corner? Not me, I can tell you that much.
Very, very, very well stated Cbxer55. Thanks for your input on this matter. :) (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts