M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my wheels off to have new Metzlers put on (260)yea. I am also replacing brake pads and going with Dynabeads. When i pulled the rear wheel I noticed my rotor was loose. Front rotors are fine. What kind of %#&t is this. Now i have to replace the rotor to. I know some other guys have had this problem but how many. The tire installer said that if i had to brake hard it could bust loose from the rivets. I'm not taking any chances. Ordered a new one today.:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I pulled my wheels off to have new Metzlers put on (260)yea. I am also replacing brake pads and going with Dynabeads. When i pulled the rear wheel I noticed my rotor was loose. Front rotors are fine. What kind of %#&t is this. Now i have to replace the rotor to. I know some other guys have had this problem but how many. The tire installer said that if i had to brake hard it could bust loose from the rivets. I'm not taking any chances. Ordered a new one today.:dontknow:
Common problem on many 06 and 07's. Mine was done under warranty and never had an issue since. 08 it got a new part number and was an upgraded rotor.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
If your warranty won't cover it, it sounds like a great excuse to upgrade to the Galfer Wave Rotors! :doorag:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Common problem on many 06 and 07's. Mine was done under warranty and never had an issue since. 08 it got a new part number and was an upgraded rotor.
Was this a recall? Or just a warrany issue? Mines an 07 and the rear is somewhat loose but not a real problem yet. I would imagine if it's a warranty issue it's past due by now :dontknow:

If your warranty won't cover it, it sounds like a great excuse to upgrade to the Galfer Wave Rotors! :doorag:
Looks like about $200 for a new stock rear rotor http://www.suzukipartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/1/Suzuki.aspx

Rear Galfer is about $300 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...r_id=159999299669&ua=WXI7&itemid=150377354640

Looks like another $600 for a pair of front Galfers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...r_id=160015344611&ua=WXI7&itemid=370430882165

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
EBC

I can get you an EBC replacement rear rotor for $145.

I order from that supplier regularly. If there is a persistent need for rear rotors I can start stocking them.

Tracy

·
Registered
423 Posts
No it wasnt recalled but it should have been. Most were turned away from the dealer saying it was NORMAL!!!!! I had the same problem and got a Galfer Wave, love it, looks great and doesnt rattle. I wouldnt risk it too long, if it popped loose it could wedge and lock the rear tire up..... no thanks.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
No it wasnt recalled but it should have been. Most were turned away from the dealer saying it was NORMAL!!!!! I had the same problem and got a Galfer Wave, love it, looks great and doesnt rattle. I wouldnt risk it too long, if it popped loose it could wedge and lock the rear tire up..... no thanks.
:agree: My dealer tried to tell me it wasn't covered and I explained to them that I had proof from other dealers that had it covered. They checked with Suzuki and had it done. If you have an extended warranty then you may get lucky. The problem is that Galfers are expensive to do all the way around. If you can't afford the Galfers, then see if you can find some on here from those that switched over to Galfers and get a replacement for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Rare

The dealer replaced mine for free. Warranty had been out for a month. Thats why I put rare.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
my 08 had that problem at 2300m and it was replaced under warranty a year and half ago,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi jerseyguy :'( :edit::edit: Suzuki take the p!$$ , my 07 had the same prob over here in England , and my buddies too!!, his is 07 also, mine had 2000 miles on it and his 5000 and zuk would not even consider a replacement, My bike squealed like a pig! and on checking it out the rotor was really loose! but zuk said it was in tolerance!!and washed their hands on it!, My buddies was CRACKED!!, And still not do anything about it!.:edit: rds, The dealer even sent pics to Zuk head office to try and argue his case! to no avail. Sooo one thing is for SURE!! i will not be buying no more Zuk`s, After this one, i will be keeping this one for a long time! as there is nothing else as a Sportster to replace it with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts