M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying hello, I've been reviewing the board for a while now (lots of good info). Looks like i'll be picking up my 109 this saturday assuming the dealer keeps his promise and its ready :).

Dealer is about 2 hours or so from my house. I was planning on riding the back roads back to help with breakin, otherwise its highway and 70+mph all the way home. Thoughts?

sh

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Don't baby it just cause its new.. Ride the :edit: out of it, keep the engine guessing about what rpms you want and don't be afraid to open it up.

The engines on these bikes seat the rings in about 20-30 miles, so ride it like you stole it! Just try not to keep the engine at the same speed for very long, don't lug it down around 2-3k in 5th and remember that when new this tranny doesnt like to go into 2nd gear so shift with AUTHORITAE! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
heators954 said:
Just saying hello, I've been reviewing the board for a while now (lots of good info). Looks like i'll be picking up my 109 this saturday assuming the dealer keeps his promise and its ready :).

Dealer is about 2 hours or so from my house. I was planning on riding the back roads back to help with breakin, otherwise its highway and 70+mph all the way home. Thoughts?

sh
Where are you picking it up from? ARS?

oh, and :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts