M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday, on the way home from a ride, I decided to open up the throttle and see what she could do. Been awhile since I had done that. But, everytime that I twisted the throttle in 4th or 5th gear the bike would hesitate and cut out. Seemed fine otherwise. I suspect the fuel mesh filter is clogged.:-\

Just gotta love shelling out $50.00 bucks for a $7.00 part.:edit:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,093 Posts
I doubt it costs them $7 to make it. Consider it's smaller than a feminine pad and similar in function, and just has a plastic cage around it, I'd guess $2 at most. :D

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Having just replaced a filthy one with about 16K miles worth of crud in it, I'm not sure cleaning it would help much...or how to go about it.:dontknow:
After hearing all the horror stories here, I replaced mine last weekend. 4 years of riding and it wasn't even dirty. :dontknow: I guess I have spare now. ;)

G

·
After hearing all the horror stories here, I replaced mine last weekend. 4 years of riding and it wasn't even dirty. :dontknow: I guess I have spare now. ;)
I want to buy the same gas you're getting then...mine looked like it was full of coal dust...no joke.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,093 Posts
Same here. 3 years and 18,000 miles and I think I could even imagine the bike was missing a little. Removed it and it was discolored from the fuel, but definitely not dirty. :dontknow:

I think it helps buying from name brand stations with a lot of traffic, and never getting fuel while the truck is sitting there dumping in fuel or just pulling out.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Same here. 3 years and 18,000 miles and I think I could even imagine the bike was missing a little. Removed it and it was discolored from the fuel, but definitely not dirty. :dontknow:
Yep, same here.

I think it helps buying from name brand stations with a lot of traffic, and never getting fuel while the truck is sitting there dumping in fuel or just pulling out.
Yep, rules I live by. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.